Sheesh! It can be sooo hard ordering from SA's who don't know bbags

1. So, I just got off the phone with an SA at Neiman Marcus. I have been searching for an anthracite flat clutch with GH, but have had no luck. Finally, I call NM and they have a flat clutch with a wrist strap and GH, but when I ask her if the bag is dark grey, she says its not dark grey, but more of a cement color. I ask her if there is any tan in it (wondering if its sandstone) and she says, its just grey.

What color could it be?? I ordered it anyway, praying it turns out to be anthracite, but its just really annoying that I couldn't get any more concrete information from her.

2. Yep, it happened to me at NM in Newport Bch, CA! I was looking for the French Blue Matelasse, and she didn't colors, styles, notta!!!
    :cursing:

3. I've been told that NM didn't order any Anthracite, sooo you might discontinue your search there. Supposedly, Saks and Nordstroms did have some in stock, though I don't know which ones or what models. I went through the same with NM for a anthrawork. Color description for bbags can be impossible for the uninitiated!!!! Especially anthracite - "well, it's a dark grey with some blue undertones or green undertones, depending on the bag and in just the right light it might even look a bit black. it's a neutral but an interesting one......" Good luck.

4. Sounds like you might be getting it in Naturel...

I feel your pain...I have experienced the very same thing w/a Neiman's SA. I thought I was getting a Part Time in Sandstone, and ended up getting a Work in Naturel ... how's that for mixed up!?!?

5. I called back and I am sooo glad I did because I think it was a greige shoulder. I guess saying gold hardware wasn't enough because the regular hardware is technically gold. I called just before she rang it up.

Ok, I am resuming my search.

6. yeah, this happens all the time. I once ordered two cities from Saks, one natural and one bleu glacier, end up getting an anthracite and a sandstone!!!