Shea Butter – which brand?

1. I’m thinking about buying some this weekend, but I want to make sure I start off right.

Which brand would you all recommend, and if possible where would I buy the suggested brands?

2. I love Palmers.

3. L'Occitane carries a wide variety of shea butter products of varying intensities as well as unscented and scented. Their stuff is somewhat pricey though - I'm not sure if there's a drugstore alternative.

But L'occitane's stuff is so good that I think it's worth it.

4. are you looking for pure shea butter, or shea butter products that contain additional ingredients? if you're looking for pure shea butter, i highly recommend shea souffle from naturesgift.com. it's pure shea butter that's been whipped, so it's softer than the solid shea that's sold everywhere, and much easier to work with. it makes a great lip balm, balm for dry feet and elbows, additive to face and body creams, you name it.

5. Thanks, I'll try this! (It seems I might have to wait though...)

Any more suggestions?

6. I use the L'Occitane and love it.

7. ^ I second L'occitane.

8. Basin's Body butter. Lots of good scents and it feels SO SO good.
    www.Basin.com

Check out their shampoo bars. They look like a round bar of soap but they are shampoo and they really really work, rinse clean, and leaves my hair really shinny. I was totally shocked how well they worked.

9. i use 100% shea butter that my mom sends for me from N.Y.

10. I use L'occitane too! Pricey but it's worth it! ;)

11. L'Occitane 100% or L'Occitane creams...you can get them at L'Occitane.com or at Sephora. They are amazing.

12. I will 2nd that. L'Occitane has the best Shea mask that I use as a moisturizer

13. L'occitane

14. L'Occitane for sure! I use shea butter/cold cream soap and all their shea butter moisturizers, they're fantastic!

15. I love Palmer's. It smells soooooooooo good.