Shaving Armpits

1. How do you get them smooth? Mine always look like 5 o'clock shadow and I get bumps. Sorry if this is TMI.:wtf: I'd love to have them waxed, but I don't know if I could let it grow out. Plus, I bet that would hurt.
  2. I used to have a problem with bumps but not really anymore, I think it was the deodorant.
  3. i switched to the dove deodorant: green tea and cucumber. its really good.
  4. I stopped shaving b/c of bumps and the hair stumps shoots out in a day.

So, I wax my armpits. IMO, it's not too bad; it's much better than threading my eyebrows.
  5. The key is to exfoliate and use a deodorant for sensitive skin.
  6. if you're willing to deal with the pain, buy an epilator or tweeze them when you come out of the shower. Tweezing will take some time, but it's free and you only have to do it once a week. Good luck!
  7. Have you considered Nair? I used it a couple of times, and it worked fine. The only downside is that you have to keep your arms up for 5-6 minutes, other than that, it worked fine.
  8. definitely exfoliate
  9. i have the same problem, i tried to tweeze but it hurt my neck lol.
  10. I change razors about every five shaves. The sharper the better! I smear some Skintimate shaving gel, then shave up, down, left and right. Usually that will get rid of every hair there. I've never had a problem with ingrowns, though. Have been thinking about investing in an epilator! Oh, and BTW, Almay clear gel deodorant rocks!
  11. i use the Gillette shaving cream and a raiser
  12. I agree with Miss Mustard's method of shaving up, down, left and right with a good shaving cream and sharp razor. I do still occasionally get the ingrown hair so I will tweeze if needed. I wish we didn't get armpit hair! It's so gross.

13. wax is way better than razor, i know it hurts but is worth the pain.. i did it for the first time two weeks ago and there was some hairs still there and i had my DH to tweeze them... lol.... still no hair.. its awesome.. dont have to shave everyday anymore.. :yahoo:
  14. I use the Venus shaver. It works great.
  15. laser hair removal?