sharing your H bags

normally i would say yes put your foot down too but with an asian MIL, it would be seen as too disrespectful to do that...i think. i'm not asian but this is what i read/see/hear, etc. that is why i admire PBC so much, to have her living with her! omg she must feel as though she is in a fishbowl. keep your chin up PBC!

HC: u are correct with the asian thing. i've voiced my frustrations about MIL with my mom & even she has told me to hold my tongue out of respect. my mom said my dad went thru the same thing with my mom's mom, who lived with them as well. fortunately for my dad there was no H purse sharing with MIL! LOL

anyway i'm on the plane right now about to takeoff for vegas (yes AGAIN!). MIL is going with us too but is on another flight bc I refuse to fly with her! hehe

will report on H soon....

PBC, I wonder if your MIL is jealous of how good your DH is to you and sees your Hermes bags as something he gives to you but not her. From your posts, I gather that she doesn't have an Hermes bag. Perhaps getting her an Hermes bag she can carry most days as a sign of her DS's affection for her would keep her paws off your bags.

HC: u are correct with the asian thing. i've voiced my frustrations about MIL with my mom & even she has told me to hold my tongue out of respect. my mom said my dad went thru the same thing with my mom's mom, who lived with them as well. fortunately for my dad there was no H purse sharing with MIL! LOL

anyway i'm on the plane right now about to takeoff for vegas (yes AGAIN!). MIL is going with us too but is on another flight bc I refuse to fly with her! hehe

will report on H soon....
PBC Have a good trip in Vegas. Looking forward to your report from H...:smile:

PBC Since u don't like/want ur MIL to borrow ur H bags, does that mean I can't borrow them??? :P:graucho::graucho: OH WELL, guess I'll just have to steal them then!!!:tup::tup:

P.S. You REALLY didn't fly w/ MIL??? I thought in the end you would give in and just do it!!! U GO GIRL!!!:woohoo::okay:

OMG. I'd have been FURIOUS!

I learned my lesson about lending bags. I lent my one and only prada... to my BFF at the time-- and I will never see it again :cry: Violet croc-- we're not going there. Okay, anyway. If it was me, if the bag cost over $1000, I wouldn't let anybody borrow it. Coach bags? Sure! but LV, Chanel, Hermés? Unless it was for a single night and my girlfriend or MIL or whoever and I were going out TOGETHER (So I could be with the bag at all times) I wouldn't! ESPECIALLY not H. But maybe I'm selfish; I don't have a bag that cost me out-of-pocket more than $500 anyway :shame:

not to sound selfish but i don't think i could let anyone borrow my H bags. :wtf: i know it sounds mean but as of now that is how i feel about it

I'm with you. Of course, I'm an only child so I never really learned to share :rolleyes:

Of course, PBC's situation with the MIL is one to be navigated carefully, as these MILs probably hold a significant amount of power in the household. PBC, maybe you can select a bag that you are not too worried about and offer it to her to borrow, telling her that the one she selected has a "previous engagement" (or some other excuse)? Or is that out of the question?

just landed. sitting here @ the gate waiting for DH to arrive. MIL arrived an hr before me & I instructed her to wait @ her gate when she deboards & i'll find her. what's not to understand right? I couldn't find her bc she followed all the passengers to the tram & then to the baggage claim! OMG!! she wanted to be 1st in line to get her bag when it pops out. I asked her WHY bc she didn't check in any bags! OMGGGG!!!

great...DH is gonna have a cow when he finds out that I "lost" his mom!

Moviegirl: r u kidding me? give up my 1st class seat so I can go standby on MILs flight & possibly end up with a crappy middle seat in the back that doesn't recline!?! it is a 3.5 hr flight ya know!

millstream: maybe I should buy MIL an H bag. if DH buys then she'll always expect "1 for the wife 1 for mom too". KWIM?

can't wait to visit my fave H store again! not sure about buying anything w MIL around though. ugh

just landed. sitting here @ the gate waiting for DH to arrive. MIL arrived an hr before me & I instructed her to wait @ her gate when she deboards & i'll find her. what's not to understand right? I couldn't find her bc she followed all the passengers to the tram & then to the baggage claim! OMG!! she wanted to be 1st in line to get her bag when it pops out. I asked her WHY bc she didn't check in any bags! OMGGGG!!!

great...DH is gonna have a cow when he finds out that I "lost" his mom!

Moviegirl: r u kidding me? give up my 1st class seat so I can go standby on MILs flight & possibly end up with a crappy middle seat in the back that doesn't recline!?! it is a 3.5 hr flight ya know!

millstream: maybe I should buy MIL an H bag. if DH buys then she'll always expect "1 for the wife 1 for mom too". KWIM?

can't wait to visit my fave H store again! not sure about buying anything w MIL around though. ugh

PBC, you're so funny!! I always enjoy reading about your travels. Can't wait for your H report. Have fun!!!

PBC, I wonder if your MIL is jealous of how good your DH is to you and sees your Hermes bags as something he gives to you but not her. From your posts, I gather that she doesn't have an Hermes bag. Perhaps getting her an Hermes bag she can carry most days as a sign of her DS's affection for her would keep her paws off your bags.

more wise advice here ^^^

It WOULD speak very well for you PBC in her eyes IMO if you were to do this, especially if you stressed it was coming especially from you, not DH, but like an offering of respect to her? i bet she'd eat it up. i know i would! how to avoid her expecting it to turn it into a habit - yes, that is a hard one. maybe you could make it lighthearted and laugh first, say now don't get used to this, because i saved my pennies for it, but i wanted to do this for you since i know how much you love and appreciate fine handbag craftsmanship and you are so good to cook for me and DH!

:graucho: you get more flies with honey (or is it bears? lol) than you do with vinegar :tup:

have fun and let loose in LV sweetie!!!!!!!:heart:HC