sharing your H bags

omg, pbc, whenever i read things about your mil, i have to laugh b/c i totally understand your pain. i have to give you FULL CREDIT for living with her (my chinese mil is 7 minutes away). i totally GET the rummaging, nosy, questioning need-to-know, "advice" (criticizing) nature...but i admit, they are nice in other ways like cooking for us, etc...
i wouldn't be comfortable letting anyone borrow my h bags. chanel, yes. hermes, no.

WAIT!!!!!!!! PBC, are you living with her or she is visiting?????????????????:wtf:

Peanut, you deserve all the H in the world for living with you MIL! I swear! Even though I lucked out with mine, I would never want to live with her. *I don't think DH would either*

Now to answer your question - I'd share my DH before I would my bags!:nuts:

J/K:lol: But seriously - NO ONE touches my bags!!!:nogood:

Thank goodness my MIL lives thousands of miles away and she is not into bags at all.

I would let my mom borrow my bags because she appreciates H like I do! :biggrin:

PBC, sorry to hear about your situation. Since your MIL cooks for you, it may be best to have your DH buy her a bag so she will stop going through your stuff and so she will feel appreciated. If she continues invading your privacy, then your DH will have to step up and set the boundaries with his mom because no matter what you say won't hold any water unless your DH concurs.

PBC- i know why DH maybe was not too happy about you wanting a lock. men and their mothers - the unbreakable bond. but, maybe next time you bring it up say it is for protection against burglars (and only you know who the REAL burglar is!) :ninja:
if you put the focus on other people, it makes them uncomfortable and they will back down without too much fuss- like saying "oh i just can't lend it to you, even as much as i want to, because if it got hurt i wouldn't want YOU to be upset about it." KWIM?

I will never loan any of my branded bags to anyone else be it Hermes or not. But do u ladies have any problems getting your little ones' fingers off your Hermes bags.
Whenever i visit the Hermes store. My DD will be making so much noise to try out the bags that i am holding. The last was the Kelly in Etoupe. How will you feel if DD are the ones who pull out the bags from your cupboard?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU all sooooo much for your support & suggestions. a part of me feels so wrong for not letting MIL borrow my H bags, like i'm selfish and all bc it's "just a bag" afterall, right? and yes, i have brought up the idea to DH about buying his mom a kelly but my insides cringe when i think about how she'll totally not appreciate the bag's beauty and ruin it to pieces with all her tea/hot sauce drippings or pieces of dried rice clinging on for dear life. i had posted in another thread how she once snuck giant alaskan king crablegs (see pic!) in her LV suhali bag after we ate at a buffet!!! anyway, MIL has a very nice collection of bags (an assortment of chanel, LV, Bottega, prada, etc), which btw are all filled with droppings of sunflower seed shells!! do all old chinese ladies eat these or is it just my MIL?? :confused1::confused1:she used to work at Saks 5th Ave and everytime the employees would have double discount wkds, OMG she and i would stock up on handbags galore!!! so it's not that she doesn't have anything nice to use, she just wants to use MINE!!! yet she'll have a major cow if she knows i've bought something new....or i mean if her precious hardworking son has bought me something new.

aspen: she is NOT visiting. she lives with us permanantly!!! FOREVER!! it's been 7 yrs already!!! aaaahhhh

HC: you're right. the mom/only son bond. pure & simple. DH is a mama's boy. he hates it when i tease him about that, but it's only bc he knows it's true. i guess it's also part of the reason why i fell for him in the first place. i loved knowing that he took such great care of his mom.....he takes very good care of me too. that's why i try my best with MIL bc i don't want to disappoint DH.

kim_mac: :tup:

Attachments

• alaskankingcrab.jpg
    alaskankingcrab.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 461
i like to think of my possessions as exactly that ..my possessions. and if that happened to me i would most likely throw a tantrum
a158.gif
before telling her to keep her hands up high and step back slowly so nobody gets hurt.
a054.gif

seriously talk to your dh and explain how much these bags mean to you and if it would not be possible to get her one of her own.

HC: you're right. the mom/only son bond. pure & simple. DH is a mama's boy. he hates it when i tease him about that, but it's only bc he knows it's true. i guess it's also part of the reason why i fell for him in the first place. i loved knowing that he took such great care of his mom.....he takes very good care of me too. that's why i try my best with MIL.

kim_mac: :tup:[/quote]

so sweet and understanding of you. i need to keep re-reading this whenever i get frustrated with my mil. And yes, all Chinese mils DO eat sunflower seeds ha ha...j/k!

my MIL is about to go on a trip with us this wknd but will continue on to another trip to visit my SIL in cali without me and DH. not excited that she decided to go with us last minute, but doubly excited that she'll be gone for 20 days afterwards! muhahaha

anyways, i was cleaning out my closet (getting ready to move to our new house!) and had lined up all my handbags (minus H) on the couch, each resepectively in their sleeper. the next morning i woke up to find all my bags were out of the sleepers and kinda scattered all over the couch. of course, this royally p*ssed me off but what can i do? typical MIL stuff i have to deal with. so it turns out MIL was trying to figure out which bag to "borrow" during this 20 day trip of hers. thank goodness i didn't have my H bags out there, so she ended up picking a chanel bag.

so this got me thinking....would i have allowed her to borrow any of my H bags if she had asked or seen them on the couch as well?? how do you say no without hurting their feelings?? is this selfish of me??? would you share your H bags with anyone else?? would you trust anyone with your H?

1.) "No MIL you can not borrow my H bags..." they are mine alll MINE...

2.) "Nope cant use it..." I'm not that nice:P

3.) Only share my H goodies with my mom. I know she would take care of them.:heart:
4.) Again I only trust my mom:heart:

If my MIL was touching my H bags I would be COMPLETELY PISSSSED OFF. NO TOUCHY TOUCHY!:boxing:

PBC, I literally choked when I read that your MIL has lived with you for 7 years. My own mom who by the way sounds a lot like your MIL lived with us for 3.5 months. By the end of her stay, all 3 of us were ready to explode from all the stress and tension. I don't know how you do it. My heart goes out to you. In fact, I just came back after visiting my parents for 2 weeks. Any longer than that, I would've gone stark raving mad.

Some people are just downright unreasonable. Just because she cooks for you doesn't mean she has the right to criticize you ALL the time and considers all your possessions as hers.