Sharing my Oldie but Goodie *pics*

Now that is the one and only Chanel that would cause me to forget about my boycott against the increasing prices!!! :nuts:

I would love to see some modeling pics! congrats on such a classy and timeless acquisition.

The deerskin on that just looks delicious. Would LOVE to see modeling pics =) Is yours from a pre-2007/earlier release? It has TDF leather and I especially like that broken-in look (not super stiff). I noticed (and also my SA pointed out that) the leather on the newer 2007 shipments isn't as soft, as pliable as that on the older Cerf totes, which had the yummiest leather ever. Gosh I want a Cerf Tote with yummy leather like yours!

It is gorgeous and I agree that the leather looks TDF! I am sad to hear the newer leather isn't as soft because I like the little bit of give the older style has. I have the new one on order in brown and hopefully it will break in with that softer look over time.

yeaaa!!! Congrats on your new cerf....I was one of the last 5 people to get the last of the old style from Neimans....Hope you enjoy yours as much as I love mine :love:

Ohhh, an oldie, maybe so, but classic, sophisticated, and chicly understated? :smile: Yes, yes and yes!! :heart: :heart: I love the Cerf, and I know you'll look just fabulous with it!! :tup: What's this I hear about a non-flap purchase for your next bag haha... my brain doesn't compute things like that (but I'm trying haha)! :P Congrats and enjoy!! :yahoo:

Thanks everyone! I'm loving this cerf! I've been using it as a work tote as on the weekends I like to take out one of my flaps or one of my non-Chanel bags depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

I love how there's structure to this bag, but it's not completely rigid. Curious - for those of you who also have this bag - do you use the interior pouch with it often? I'm finding that I generally don't use the pouch when I'm carrying any sort of papers like documents or magazines, but when I'm carrying less things, I'll use the interior pouch as an organization tool or just to separate things so my accessories don't get as much wear from banging into eachother in the bag.

alouette, foxycleopatra, percephonie - hopefully I'll get modelling pics up soon. I tried doing some myself, but my hand was shaky and my closet mirror needs a cleaning! LOL. I'll have to wait til my SO or my sister is around to help me take some photos or maybe when my other purse loving friend returns from her honeymoon next week! I just want to be able to post up pics that do this lovely bag some justice!

~Moi~ - feel free to try it on. But I'm not to blame if you must get it afterwards! :P Have you made a lot of use of your new vegas acquisition yet?

foxy - my cerf is the older one with the double magnetic snap closure and not the two 'tabs'. It definitely is disappointing to hear that just when they release a new batch of cerf - they've fiddled around with the style and the leather! I agree with roey and hopefully the new cerfs also break in very nicely. I love how the olsens have broken theirs in!

fiery - Gotta love your posts and your passion for flaps! Don't worry - my main and foremost Chanel love is still for the flaps, but I'm finding myself slowly expanding my horizons before I return to flap buying. I really needed something for work and the flaps were catching too much attention at work plus they can't really hold documents. Now I want a larger Chanel bag that's more casual and slouchy. Something I can just pick up, throw everything in, throw over my shoulder and be off on my day. I'm like a year too late, but I'm still searching desperately for a black cloudy bundle north/south Tote... Fingers crossed that one may cross paths with me!!