Food Share your REALLY easy recipes for anything

Coat thin slices of chicken breast in flour, salt and pepper. Saute them in 3 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of olive oil for 5 mins on each side. Spoon on bbq sauce and add a touch of honey to each side and cook another 5 mins per side or until fully cooked. =)

it's not really my recipe.. but this one's quick and really easy :smile:

broiled tilapia parmesan
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
  • 2 pounds tilapia fillets
  1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
  3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
source: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx

OMG, I make this same recipe all the time (got it from allrecipes.com), and it is so tasty and easy!!!!!!!!

Super easy, delicious pasta:

INGREDIENTS
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
  • 1/2 cup white wine (or 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of milk)
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup (or condensed cream of mushroom soup)
  • 8 ounces cream cheese with chives
  • 1 pound angel hair pasta
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the package of dressing mix. Blend in wine and mushroom soup. Mix in cream cheese and stir until smooth. Heat through, but do not boil.
  3. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a baking dish. Pour sauce over.
  4. Bake for 45-60 minutes in the preheated oven.
  5. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and serve chicken sauce over pasta.
You can add mushrooms and sundried tomatoes too! YUM.

^^^ what ratio of the ingredients do you use? Someone at work mentioned ketchup with porkchops, but I was hesitant...but the other ingredients, make it seem more complex.

My grandma didn't use ratios. She would just put the mustard on the chop, followed by the ketchup and then finally the brown sugar. Then she flipped it over and did the other side.

(And the actual temperature and time is at 350 degrees for an hour.)

I finally tried out those Peanut butter cookies... MAN! Were they delicious!! :drool:
Also tried the rice bubbles & melted chocolate recipe for my party- they were gone in an instant!! :nuts:

Another one from the email bag, it is better for cooler weather, if your dwelling is small, since it requires indoor oven use:

Honduras Poor People's Beef

Take any kind of beef, and repeatedly smash it until flat and disgusting looking with a big bottle full of something, a hammer, or a piece of furniture.

Cut up an onion, a sweet pepper, and some jalapeños.

Throw the meat and vegetables into a baking pan.

In a bowl, mix mustard, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. about a cup, all together, or a third of a cup of each, whichever you prefer.
Add some water until it is about the consistency of steak sauce.
Pour it on the meat.

You can let it sleep in the refrigerator and cook it the next day, or you can put it immediately into a 250-275 degree oven for about 3 hours. Be sure to turn the meat pieces over once in a while after it starts to look like it is cooking.

Serve with Perfect Rice.

----------------------------------

Perfect Rice
Only use Elephant Brand Basmati rice

Fancy Way

Put a lump of butter or faux butter in a saucepan, melt it.
Throw in a cup of rice and some salt and stir it around until the rice starts to look different in an indefinable way.

Dont turn off the fire, throw in 2 cups of water.
If you want to, at this point, you can add half an envelope of Goya seasoning, any vegetables you want to get rid of, a little pinch or few of curry powder, or all of those things.

Let it boil for about a minute, cover it up, let it boil for another half a minute or minute, be sure to leave the top on. turn off the fire. Dont take the top off for at least 25 minutes.

Easy Way

Throw a lump of butter or faux butter, some salt, a cup of rice and 2 cups of water in a saucepan, let it boil for a minute or 2, cover it, let it boil for another minute, be sure to leave the top on. turn off the fire. Dont take the top off for at least 25 minutes.

Coat thin slices of chicken breast in flour, salt and pepper. Saute them in 3 tablespoons of butter and 3 tablespoons of olive oil for 5 mins on each side. Spoon on bbq sauce and add a touch of honey to each side and cook another 5 mins per side or until fully cooked. =)

I make chicken like this all the time! It's sooo good!

Shimma- that "fancy rice" sounds delicious. I love anything with Goya sazon! :yes:

Super easy treat to take to parties

Heat oven to 200
Line baking sheet with pretzel snaps (square pretzels)
Place a rolo candy in the center of each pretzel
Bake for 4 minutes
Smush a pecan half into the melted rolo
Allow to cool

These taste like homemade candies and are so yummy

S'mores Brownies (warning: these are dangerously addictive)

One brownie mix, prepared according to directions
1 chocolate bar, broken into pieces
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup honey teddy grahams

Mix all the good stuff into the brownie batter. Bake in a greased 9x13" pan according to directions. Try not to eat the whole pan :graucho:

Super easy treat to take to parties

Heat oven to 200
Line baking sheet with pretzel snaps (square pretzels)
Place a rolo candy in the center of each pretzel
Bake for 4 minutes
Smush a pecan half into the melted rolo
Allow to cool

These taste like homemade candies and are so yummy

That sounds good. I've done those, only with the small pretzel braids, then a Hershey's kiss on top, and then after it comes out of the oven, lightly smoosh an M&M on each kiss. This is great to do for holidays because you can get the colored M&M's for whatever holiday it is.

Isn't there a variation of this that involves miniature marshmallows?

Anyway, here is my easy recipe:

Cherry tomatoes
Sliced black olives
Mozzarella cheese cubes
Fresh basil leaves torn into bits
Good Seasons Italian Dressing that you have mixed up according to directions on box, except I use way less oil and more vinegar and almost no water.

Throw above in a bowl, mix it up, and let it sit out for a few hours. Every once in so often go stir it around a little bit.

After a few hours have passed, thrust a spoon in, remove filled spoon from bowl, and insert carefully into mouth.

Remove spoon from mouth, and thrust it once again into bowl, etc.

This was absolutely delicious!

I have made several of the recipes in this thread recently and they have all been so EASY and Wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :smile:

the best party dip:

Fiesta Ranch dip packet
container of light or non-fat sour cream

Mix together and serve with veggies, or fritos, depending on your mood.

Can also add chopped green chilies and low-fat shredded cheese to the dip mixture.

Now you know my secret...;)

Really fattening easy baked mac n cheese

Part of why it's so easy is I don't measure anything ever- sorry!!

1 box casserole elbows
1 stick of butter
1 blocks of your favorite cheese ( I usually use 2 cracker barrel extra sharp white & a small block of extra sharp provolone or gruyere) cut up all the cheese into small little blocks
1/2 an onion very very very finely chopped
a couple garlic cloves very very finely chopped
milk - I'm guessing I put in about 2 - 3 cups total less than a lot of recipes call for......
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Breadcrumbs

Cook the whole box of macaroni as directed & put in a big buttered casserole dish.
in a big sauce pan - bring milk & butter to boil then lower to about medium - add all the cheeses & all other ingrediants (except the breadcrumbs) very slowly....till it all melts into the milk. sometimes I'll add other spices like a little chile powder...
Pour mixture over the macaroni. Top with breadcrumbs (I don't measure - top till looks right - I maybe use 3/4 cup?) Bake in the oven for about 45 mins @ 350. Top should be slightly golden brown when done. This makes a lot!!

my favorite italian caprese salad:

very ripe tomatoes
very fresh mozzarella cheese
freshly picked basil
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste.

slice tomatoes and cheese into slices of about equal size. layer decoratively on a plate. tear up basil into shreds and scatter over tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to eating.