Share your disappointing eBay purchases...

a couple of years ago, i bought this coach bag off of eby and paid with money order. i never received the item and did not what to do to proceed a claim of some sort. so yeah... i lost my money. thank god it is not too much money. since then, i have been super careful with ebay.

Hi, I am new to the forum.. and new to the dangerous eBay world.
chanellwyr vbmenu_register("postmenu_1245819", true); mentioned about the "last chance" offer. Recently I got a "second offer" through Ebay. It seems that the scheme is still within the eBay rules.. How can I know that it is "off" the eBay?? I am super-nervous as I already took this "second offer" thing. Maybe the seller will desappear and I might loose money, then all I can do is to 'file the claim'......... :sad:

Thanx for your advice!!

...I got a "second offer" through Ebay. ... How can I know that it is "off" the eBay??...

Any mail sent from eBay, or sent by another eBay member to you through eBay, will be in your "My Messages" box that you can click to from your "My eBay" page.

This is the best way to determine whether emails you receive really did come from eBay.

Last christmas i got some great deals on DVD's for my hubby and i never received them and i did get refunded only one seller cailmed to have mailed them over a month ago. Also my first Coach purchase was a bait and switch and I did get refunded for that as well. Oh and how could i forget i bought 2 lip glosses from a mary kay seller and she only sent me one and refused to ship them together. Anyhow she ended up haveing to refund me for one of those lip glosses.

That is one to many if you ask me!:yes:

i have been buying on ebay since 1997 and only last month, I have gotten a seller not sending me my item. It is very cheap the postage cost more than the item itself. I have not given the seller a feedback yet. I am not happy that my item did not arrive and the seller (whom I had contacted) refuses to do anything about it. urgh!

Buying LV off ebay sometimes sucks. Dishonest sellers uses great photo and falsely advertise their items as like new and what I received was a piece of dirty, smelly trash (ebay seller str57 & alliemaried:Push: ). Disputing it with paypal and ebay was a waste of time. They favoured their decision with the seller, claiming that the description was a matter of a difference in opinion. I guess the really don't care as long as they have their fees. Ebay then told me to claim it as item never received with my credit card as a chargeback and then paypal even froze my account. What's this about buyer protection????

Hmmm let's see...

1. DVDs that don't play

2. Hermes scarf that's listed as new, never worn, and turned out to be the most dirty scarf I've ever seen in my entire life, complete with foundation/powder stains, snags, pin holes, discoloration, marks, perfume smells - YUCKS

3. A bag that was listed as excellent in pristine condition (and looks it in the photos) but somehow arrived smelling of moth balls and just in horrible yucky condition complete with hair, lipstick stains etc.

That's about in the course of 6 years. Not too bad hey??