Shapeless shift dresses....what do you think of 'em?

1. Hi there!

Soooo, what do you all think of the loose and floaty shift dresses that are all the rage right now? They are very mod, very cool......but are they FLATTERING? I just bought my first one yesterday (sleeveless, white, floaty, knee-length). It's a young and innocent look...it hangs straight down and is on the full side. I'm used to seeing myself with a little waist definition, so wearing a shift is kind of unfamiliar to me. I'm 5'2" and 102 lbs....kinda small-framed but no one would ever call me skinny. I was planning on wearing it with a shoe with a low heel and a ladylike cropped cardigan.

Was this a bad idea for me? Is this a dress style that should be reserved for the tall and thin only???

Thoughts, please! :p
    Kristy

2. i have big boobs so i look pregnant in them. im having a hard time finding anything that isnt this shape right now

3. I really like them. I'm not super tall (5'5) and I have a large chest, but I still find they work well on my frame.

4. Same thing with me. And not having any shape makes me took 10x heavier.

I think more than anything having a petite bone stucture helps carry off this look. Height isn't as important.

5. I know a cute petite girl who looks really good in these. Depends how they sit on your frame, I guess.

6. They make me look like a big, shapeless blob:yucky:

7. I like them and I think they look great on shorter and average height women.

I have big boobs so I can't quite pull the really shapeless ones off but I have a few that are still similarly mod but slightly more structured than the tent look.

8. i think they look cute, but i'm around your height and they look kind of funny on me. why don't you try cinching it with a cute belt or something? the belt doesn't have to be tight. it might look more flattering that way.

9. I'm 5'1" 95lbs. and I find those dresses very flattering on my body type.

10. I am 5"7 and 134 lbs and have 38dds there is no way I could pull it off. I would look 10 months preggos!!

11. I think they work better with smaller bosoms.

12. I really like them and I think that they look great on skinnier, more petite girls.

13. i'm a 36c and petite, i like the way they look on me

14. i have flat chested and boyish figure, so it works good on me LOL

15. I'm loving them because I am pregnant and very small
    5'3" 101lbs so they will keep me out of maternity for the summer!