Shampoo rec's for straight Asian hair?

I was on the same boat like a year ago. Scalp oiled up real fast, and got loads of dandruff. It was just disgusting, ugh.

My proven solution is this:
It doesn't really matter what shampoo you use. You can use any drugstore shampoo (i.e.: Suave, Herbal Essences, Head & Shoulders, Treseme, etc.). All a shampoo does is rinse your scalp. The problem occurs soon after you've washed it anyway. With any shampoo. The key is to use a really active and effective conditioner. I highly recommend Fekkai. They have various conditioners in their line but they all work great. Comb out your hair after you've washed it. Air dry always because the heat from the blowdryer damages the hair and will make your head all hot resulting in some unwanted sweat and maybe even oil.

I had the worst case of dandruff 7 years ago, and I was using Aveda's Shampure too! My scalp never actually got visually oily, but I would shed the largest dandruff flakes - it was disgusting. My dermatologist recommended a dandruff shampoo at the pharmacy, but I feel like Neutrogena's is the best. I only use it twice a week. (That's the only drugstore shampoo I will buy.) Pantene, Suave, Garnier Fructis, etc - they're all loaded with harsh detergents that really aggrevate the scalp and strip your hair of natural oils.

the scalp gets oily and dandruff from residual in shampoo, hair products, or just environmental elements. i use neutrogena anti-residue formula once a week. it's gets my scalp and hair really clean. my everyday shampoo is frederic fekkai glossing shampoo. it really makes hair shiny and smooth.