Shampoo & Conditioner!

1. Help meeee!

Omg ok so, I need Shampoo & Conditioner that makes DEAD hair better!!!!!!!! I got my hair bleached, and dyed it a couple times since. My hair is nasty! When I shampoo it, it dries out badly. PLEASE HELP! :crybaby:

2. get a treatment at the salon.. and then buy DOVE!

3. The best thing you can do to start off with is to get a deep conditioning treatment at a salon. My daughter has to get these occasionally because she swims a lot and the chlorine wrecks her hair. I've used all types of shampoos on my color-treated hair. I just recently thought I'd give the L'oreal Color Vive shampoo and conditioner a try and they seem pretty good. I got the one for regular color-treated hair, but they have one for dry, damaged hair too.

4. get a deep-conditioning at a salon and then buy pureology - it's made for color treated hair, and i use it because my hair is just dry in general because it's curly. after just shampooing, it makes me hair feel softer and more nourished than most brands' conditioners. the conditioner is super thick and wonderful! they really do the trick for me.

5. Oh Amanda, pureology is fantastic. It is one of my rotated brands, too!

6. I've been using the Jonathan Product line exclusively since it first hit the shelves over a year ago. Best thing I've EVER used! The shampoo is a little weird and takes getting used to. Since there's no sulfates, it doesn't lather like the other shampoos out there, but it's SO mild that if it runs into your eyes it won't burn. I use both the moisturizing and the volumizing shampoo/conditioners. Depends on what sort of mood my hair is in as to which I use. The leave-in conditioner is really good when you have a "dry" day.

I never realized how good the JP line was until I stopped using it a while back for a few days. ICK! My hair looked and felt like straw. It's a pricey line, for me anyway, but my hair is worth it. Even DH noticed the difference.

If you decide to try it, send me a private message and I'll give you some tips on how to work with it. It's kind of quirky, but worth the effort. Beauty.com is the best place to buy it, by the by.

7. Toni and Guy's Dumb Blonde line is great and also Kerastase is FANTASTIC!!!

8. I use Pureology too! I have naturally blonde hair that needs to be lightened and highlighted to keep it looking fresh. A protein treatment at the salon helped immensely and using Pureology keeps it looking nicer. I'm not sure, but I think you can only buy this brand at salons.

9. hmmm.. couple questions now!!

What kind of treatment do I ask for at the Salons? and how much do they range?

How much does Pureology cost about?

Thanks everyone!

10. When I made my salon appointment I didn't know what I really needed so I told the receptionist that I needed help, but didn't know what kind. She said she'd schedule me for one-process color and highlights. When I got there the hairdresser said I needed the protein treatment and said she could do it then if I had time, which thankfully I did. So hopefully if you explain your situation, your salon will be as accomodating.

I don't remember how much the Pureology shampoo and conditioner cost, but I don't think it was too totally expensive or I probably would have remembered that. For the cut, blow-dry, protein treatment, color, highlights and shampoo and conditioner, my bill was about $270 (not including the tip). But it won't always be that much, as the special treatment isn't always necessary.

Good luck! Let us know what you do!

11. Ask for a deep conditioning treatment.At my salon we do this for between 10-15 minutes.basically we wash your hair.put on a condition.put a shower cap on top(helps keep in body heat)and put you under the dryer for half a hour.My hair is bleach on bleach,I use Biologe hydrating shampoo,than to condition I use Biologe Balm,it can be used as a daily,or as a heavy reconstructer.Do you use anything on your hair after you condition?Do you blow dry?

12. before you shampoo at home, apply some avocado or olive oil to everything 2 inches below the roots, on dry hair. leave it on for 5 minutes. then wet your hair and shampoo (don't vigorously rinse out the oil), don't shampoo anything besides the scalp. pantene for women of color, the relaxed and natural line, is pretty much outstanding for inexpensive conditioners (and i am comparing to to some of my very $$$ favorites like kerastese, fresh, fekkai, etc.).

13. Ask for a deep conditioning treatment. I'm thinking it's around $20 at the salon we go to.

14. Go to the hair dresser and get a good treatment, and when it comes to buying products, do not under *any circumstances* buy normal drugstore shampoo - I used that for so many years, and it always felt more or less dead, but when I tried out shampoos that I got from hair dressers or expensive brands it improved right away, and my hair looks and feels really good and healthy now even though I treat it by coloring my roots every month.
    I currently use biomatrix products, and they are wonderful, but I have no idea if they are available in the us or not :smile:

15. I love the Biolage Treatment it's great for damage hair.