Shampoo/conditioner for curly hair?

1. I had my hair done yesterday and the woman used a shampoo/conditioner for curly hair and then a special spray (also for curly hair) in my hair-and it looked great!

She used KMS California products-does anyone have any other recommendations for curly hair shampoo? I should note that my hair is very thin also. thanks!
  2. Suggest you go to They have lots of info for us curly girls.
  3. I love Devachan's <a href="">Deva Curl</a> products. I'm currently using No-Poo and One Condition, and my curls have been looking better than they have in a long time. I'm even using less product in my hair -- only a little of Sebastian's Potion 9 for light hold.
  4. I use Ouidad.

I agree you should visit, which is as addictive as TPF (LOL)
  5. Cheapo here! I use Aussie's hair products, from their moisturizing line.
  6. I don't know about shampoo and conditioner BUT... I have really curly hair too. I cut layers not too long ago and the lady tried to teach me how to control my curly hair so I dont style it with mousse and hair spray. Doing that would leave my hair hard, droopy and lifeless.

She used KMS California Hair Molding Paste. It's awesome! My hair curls so great now! I no longer use mousse and hairspray. My hair curls, is still soft and can actually move now!

I also put some KeraSilk (I think that is what it is called) in it after washing it and before I put anything else in my hair.
  7. I like Biolage Gelee. My hair is curly. It gives my hair a little sheen.
  8. i got my hair permed a couple months ago
    and i use fructis garnier. it's affordable (buy it at the closest drugstore) hehe
    anddd it works well (it also smells delish)
    then i use the soft curl hair cream like thing after i shower to give my curls a little more life :smile:
  9. Nishi - I have a lot of natural curl in my shoulder length thin hair, and seem to be always shopping for hair care I like. I bought some of that KMS curly hair shampoo and conditioner at Marshall's a couple of weeks ago. In my opinion, it was really drying, and left my hair feeling like straw...kind of weird.

At the same time, I bought some Nature's Gate Organics Moisturizing Shampoo, Chamomile & Lemon Verbana . It was really nice. Sometimes you can get some good deals at Marshall's or TJMaxx on hair products...but then you never see them again. I found this one available at I'm going to order more before it disappears.
  10. I've tried several different pureology shampoo lines and they've all been fantastic for my very curly yet also very fine hair. they moisturize wonderfully without weighing my curls down, and they don't have the nasty chemicals that most shampoos have that build up in your hair.
  11. Your hair sounds like mine. Curly and fine. I love the Curls Rock line by TIGI. Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave in moisturizer, and curl booster. It leaves my hair conditioned, but not heavy or crunchy when I air dry it. :smile:
  12. I have very tightly curled, fine hair and used to use the Curl's Rock line but found it stopped working for me. I am going to look into this KMS California line.
  13. Going to look into some of these-I love the KMS California stuff-but, a bit pricey.
  14. well, i dont use a shampoo SPECIFICALLY for curly hair but i use REDKEN all smooth conditioner & hair isn't as tight as usual so it makes my hair more wavy and i love it! it doesnt give me dandruff either =)
  15. I use Kerastase Oleo-Relax and Oleo-Curl Shampoo and mask.It's not exactly cheap, but it works. After washing my hair I use Ligne St.Barths Avocado Oil.