Sex on an airplane violates the Patriot Act

1. WASHINGTON (AFP) - A couple's ill-concealed sexual play aboard a Southwest Airlines
    flight from Los Angeles got them charged with violating the Patriot Act, intended
    for terrorist acts, and could land them in jail for 20 years.
    According to their indictment, Carl Persing and Dawn Sewell were allegedly snuggling and kissing inappropriately, "making other passengers uncomfortable," when a flight attendant asked them to stop.

"Persing was observed nuzzling or kissing Sewell on the neck, and ... with his face pressed against Sewell's vaginal area. During these actions, Sewell was observed smiling," reads the indictment filed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
    On a second warning from the flight attendant, Persing snapped back threatening the flight attendant with "serious consequences" if he did not leave them alone. The comment was enough to have the couple, both in their early 40s, arrested when the plane reached its destination in Raleigh, North Carolina, and charged with obstructing a flight attendant and with criminal association.

They have been placed under legal surveillance until their trial on February 5. If found guilty, they both could be sent to jail for up to 20 years.
    Persing's lawyer William Peregoy said his client was not feeling well
    when he placed his head on his companion's lap, and that he only threatened the flight attendant with reporting him to his superiors on landing.
  2. That's a bit harsh, isn't it? He shouldn't have said what he said to the flight attendant, but at the most, wouldn't that be, like, lewd acts in public, or something?
  3. what is this world coming to? This is ludacris, even if they were having sex, jail for up to 20 years? Couldn't they be wasting taxpayers money on something slightly more important?
  4. omg he was going down on her in the plane????!!!!! lmao
  5. LOL that's crazy..:S they should have respected other passengers at least...
  6. haha, that's a big harsh. Jeez.

I've never had sex in an airplane, but B and I have had a few kissy kissy moments, but it wasn't a big deal. And he certainly did NOT have his face pressed into my vagina, lol
  7. He could have atleast covered himself with one of those itchy blankets!!! lol That is really hard core. I would have thought he could have made a sincere apology ..instead they are going to prison?? WOW...just wow.
  8. Harsh punishment, although they're probably just trying to scare them & others.

That's really gross though. If you're going to do something like that, at least be discreet. A head in a lap is wanting to get caught.
  9. oh please dont tell me they were just doing it in their seats? at least go to the bathroom or something! I would not be able to do that, haha everyone was probably staring! but their punishment is pretty harsh i think, they were just doing what every other couple does (but probably in more private places)!
  10. They might be WILD AND CRAZY!!! BUT they don't deserve jail time and not 20 YEARS!!!! THATS RIDICULOUS!!! :hysteric:
  11. ^ Seriously, rapists don't even get that much time.

12. ITA...20 years??? for sex on a plane?? GIVE ME A BREAK!! :rolleyes:
  13. Couturegirl, they were joining the Mile High Club! (Granted, they should've done that in the bathroom, though . . . or at least been a LOT more subtle!)

No judge in their right mind would sentence them for that long, though.
  14. It's crazy, but 20 years in jail for that is crazier.
  15. :rolleyes: a bit childish? Could have waited till they got to the airport at least :p