Several months later: kinda hating, kinda loving my GST

to be honest...
I totally feel ya and ITA. except I saw never "crazy" about my GST. I just thought its a nice looking bag...so I got one.
But whenever I use it: it always feels so heavy, sometimes umcomfy with jacket on, bulky in public transportation (I ride the bus/train to work everyday also) and I hate how everything falls out if your bag is not sitting properly on the back seat of a car.
Thats the primary reason I don't recommend a GST to my friends, but of course if they like the look of the bag go for it!
You are not alone with those feelings!

If it causes you pain and you just don't "feel it", then I would sell it and purchase something you will REALLY love to use.

It's funny, I find this bag to be a tad on the small size. I'm 6'1" in socks and on me, it looks average. I saw it on SO many people here and thought it would be MUCH bigger than it was (I ordered it from a store not in my state). Slightly disapointed, but I just carry it on my arm. Love the links and the classic lines. Wish it had feet though, lol.

Sell it and buy something else. Good luck!

I know how you feel. I was so excited when I bought mine and then I gave it a trial run and it was too heavy for me, although it looked gorgeous. So I returned it to Bergdorf's and got sneered at by Alla. Maybe you cal sell it on Ebay and get something smaller that you will cherish.

I just bought mine tonight because of the price increase. I first looked at the PST and really wanted one for a long time but I carry to many things and realized I would overload it. I mostly buy totes so all my bags start to look the same. I bought the modern chain N/S first but that bag is heavy without anything in it and I couldn't really carry my stuff so I exchanged it for the expandable tote and I love the bag, but the one strap being thick slips off my shoulders. I actually bought the expandable because it didn't stick out as much as the GST. But the pressure from the price increase made me get it since I don't want to have regrets later. My SA said it does soften over time and kind of loses it shape so its not as boxy.
I think its hard when it is such a classy looking bag but it might not be comfortable for everyone.

Hmm this thread makes me worry! I'm going to pick up my Chanel Jumbo tomorrow, but I was thinking about getting a GST too... I've never actually tried on the GST though. I love the style of it!

Oh the things we women do for beauty and fashion. Waxing, stilettos, etc etc

When I ordered my GST I couldn't visualize the size/shape. When it got here, it was actually the same size of my favorite LV (Viva Cite GM) and several other bags I own. I was happy that it wasn't bigger. I do have the issues with the straps falling off my shoulder, but that happens with all of my shoulderbags. Everytime I use the GST it surprises me more. I'm taking a class with a friend and it requires a large book. I weighed the book and it's about four pounds. The book and notebook fit perfectly in the bag. The inside zipper compartment is perfect for my wallet and other valuables.
The bag doesn't stay as structured as it first was because of use. It has softened considerably and has gotten a little smooshy on the bottom.
I don't mind the "no feet" issue, because the caviar leather is really tough. Also, if I have to put the bag in the back seat of my car, it stands up straight on the floor behind the driver seat. I have a two-door car, so there's not much foot room behind the seat. It's perfect for a bag that needs to stand.
--Judy

If it doesn't work for you definitely sell it.

I acutally like my GST more than I thought it would. I bought a black one in May impulsively because I was able to get it at the old price of $1650. I thought I would use it only when I needed to carry papers, but I like it so much I use it as my everyday bag. I'm 5'2" as well, but a bit heavier:smile:. I commute in NYC via subway and walking. I'm thinking of getting a beige one for summer. There are so many great Chanel bags though, the Medallian could be perfect if the GST is too bulky.

hmm.. i love my GST! maybe because it was my first chanel bag, lol. i've only used it a couple times, but the only thing i can think of that really bothers me with this bag is the straps falling over (like Purrrfect said earlier in this thread). yes, i learned ways around it too.

..that, and after standing for a long time it does kind of starts weighing down on me. then i pass it to my bf LOL. still love it though! ;D

Are you getting a white jumbo???? :nuts:
Yes I am!!! I tried it on for the first time about 2-3 weeks ago when I bought some costume jewelry. I'd been dreaming about it ever since. Then you and someone else made two threads modeling their white jumbos and I was like... That's it! I need one!

lol.

Oh yeah, and I also tried on the GST yesterday. I looove the style, but I agree with the OP, I had a hard time putting my arm over it. It was like, if I wanted to rest my arm, I had to tilt the bag backwards at an angle because it's so boxy. I think if I ever got one I'd just wear it on my elbow.

^They're great day wear bags. Just be sure to try it on. I've read posts from other people about how they bought a GST loving the style, but once they started actually USING it they felt uncomfortable and return it. But then again, there are people like Purrrfect who own like four!