Several months later: kinda hating, kinda loving my GST

1. I should stipulate that nobody should take offense. I am not trying to dissuade anyone from buying or enjoying their GST, just sharing my own experience.

In January I bought myself a beige GST, thinking it would be the perfect bag for me. For literally three years, every single day I used a petite shopper (the one without the zipper).

Because it's large and structured, it isn't as easy to carry as a smaller bag or a hobo that can squish down (as a public transportation rider, I am always wary of carrying bags that will bump into people)... I'm a pretty small, thin girl (5'2" and maybe 100 pounds?? I don't own a scale!) so it's much more substance on me than someone else who may be taller... when I take it shopping, it doesn't sit easily under my arm, it definitely bulges out so I can't really use both arms too freely...

It gives me BACKACHES. Even when it's fairly empty, I find it very heavy to carry after a while... and if I want to take advantage of all that space inside? It's like a lead load with those chain handles!

But I still like it because aesthetically, it's perfect for me! I really like the LOOK of it. Just isn't very comfortable to carry.

I HOPE you ladies are all loving your GST. It's hard to spend that much money on a bag to realize you feel kind of "eh" about it. I just wonder if anyone else is disenchanted with their GST purchase? So ladies who have had the bag for a while, how do you all feel about it? Getting as much use as you anticipated? Liking it still?
  2. I've had my black GST since February and I love it! I even put a water bottle in it!

Hope it works out for you!
  3. Hope it works out for you.
  4. aww i'm so sorry to hear that.
    hopefully you'll grow to stop hating it!
    if not, maybe you can trade your bag for something else?
  5. I am about your size, and I love my GST, and have never had a backache from it. The only issue I have with it is when it tips over in the car everything spills out.
  6. ditto. oh and it doesn't fit my sunglasses case...its spacious, but strange because there is that one compartment in the center that kind of splits it into two more compartments and just makes it smaller...its so pretty though! just boxy and the chain drop should be longer...but...its still too beautiful to dislike!
  7. I have the GST and love it. But, if you're not feeling so happy, maybe you could try the PST. I initially had the PST, but it was too small for me. I'm 5' 10" so the GST fit me better.

Good luck.
  8. I'm like your size. I don't own this bag but I have tried it in the store and I didn't get it because it was too heavy for me. I can't imagine how heavy it would be if I had my daily essentials in there.

9. I have four GSTs and I had to laugh when I read this post....I have shoes, bras, panties, etc. that aren't that comfortable but it's just a part of being a woman...and now I hear on the news that red lipstick - might kill me due to the lead an uncomfortable purse is easy. LOL!!:p

Sorry to hear you are "eh" about your GST, I love all of mine..but I am 5'7 and while thin, my height helps me carry them off as you mentioned. I think the only thing that bothered me was the straps falling down but I am use to it and figured out ways to lessen that problem.:smile:
  10. I can relate.. I purchased a GST back in February and ended up exchanging it for a black Medallion tote. The GST was a bit too bulky for "me".. I love my Medallion so much that I bought another in beige.
  11. I'm the same height and weight as you are and haven't had any back problems due to carrying my GST. I adore this bag, it's been perfect for me. Hope everything works out for you.
  12. Similar but different.......I bought a 35 cm. Hermes Birkin and thought that I had arrived in the world of ultra was a joy to behold, I will say. However, when I put my things in it (even sparingly), it was so god-awful heavy that I dreaded picking it up. Even though I loved it, I wouldn't carry it cause it broke my arm practically. I KNOW JUST WHAT YOU MEAN!!! Poor thing has since found another home.:amazed::amazed:
  13. Your post makes me glad that the GST was sold out that day I went to Chanel. I ended up getting the PST which is perfect for me. I originally wanted th GST to hold my laptop but now that I think about it, that would have been HELL on me. The good thing is....the GST has high resell value so perhaps if you want to go that route, it would leave you with enough money to buy some new goodies. ;)
  14. I have a beige GST and although at first I had to get used to the strap falling off my shoulder I really do like it. (I too figured out ways to stop the strap from falling). Anyway, I refuse to hate it, its one of my few non flaps.
  15. maybe the reason youre hating it is because you really want a reason to hate it so you can justify selling her for another similar bag.

correct me if im wrong thats just what i think :smile:

i hope everything works out for the best.