September 11, 2001

1. This Tuesday marks the 6th year anniversary of the terrorist attacks..Isnt it kind of scary that its also a Tuesday this year, when it was also a Tuesday in 2001.
    I was a freshman in high school getting ready for school when i saw the building on fire. I didnt think nothing of it. Actually i said "why is it a big deal? It's just a building on fire."....Until i saw the 2nd plane gives me goosebumps just thinking of it!! When the first tower fell i was crying so hard!!!! To this day i still cry and cringe when i see it collapsing.
    Where were you when the attacks took place?
    What was your reaction?
    You think we are safer now that its been 6 years?
    Also please keep the families in your prayers...

2. Let me see....I was homeschooled at the time (I'm now in college) and I was waiting for my Mom to get ready to go to work. My parents own a business so I could go with them to work. Mama woke me up right before the first plane hit. I turned on the TV about a full minute before the first plane hit. I saw Diane Sawyer go "What was that?!" I watched it all happen. I was in total absolute shock. Mama continued to get ready for work and I sat in front of the TV and saw the 2nd plane coming. I yelled for her to come in and see and we watched the 2nd plane hit together. A minute or two later we left for the shop to where Daddy was. Daddy locked the doors of the shop and us and all the employees sat in his office and watched everything unfold. I kept a journal entry of it all....from the eyes of an 11 year old... I read it every year on the anniversary. It was the scariest day of my life.

The first time I watched that movie "World Trade Center" I watched it with my parents and our neighbors, my parents best friends. I had to get up and leave the room when they were showing the attacks. I went to my room and cried and cried....I didn't know it would hit me so hard.

Last year, when they showed all the footage on Fox News from that day....I sat on the couch and tears just rolled down my face.

God Bless America.

3. yea its weird with me too...its like all these emotions come back and its like im watching it all over again..
    i just watched "Flight 93" today on tv and God its sad!!! i dont know how i could have gone on if i lost someone that day.
    Just to think wives lost husbands, children lost dads, mothers lost sons, and not even getting any of their remains back.
  4. i was in basic training. my graduation date was 9-13-01. i remember that we had to post guards everywhere and we watched everything on tv. it was horrible and nobody's parents were able to fly in for the graduation and to this day i still get that eerie feeling.....
  5. 9/11 was so hard for me too.

A cousin of mine worked at the WTC in the northern tower. We received a phone call from my grandmother just after the first plane hit and my family pretty much spent the rest of the day on the phone trying to get in contact with my cousin. I was in the 7th grade at the time and my parents made me and my brother go to school that day. I think they did that to try to keep us away from the TV but every teacher in the school had the TV on and all we did in every class was watch the news.

It wasn't until either very late that night that we heard from my cousin. She made it out alive with some minor injuries.

I can't watch "World Trade Center" all the way through. In fact, every time I try to watch it I can get through less and less.

God bless the men and women who did everything they could to help that day. I think it's hearing about the deaths of the firefighters and police officers that hit me the hardest.
  6. It's still too raw for me to talk about,
    much less seeing all the movies made about this infamous date...

Just think of how much more difficult our lives are now, because of the actions of these hateful religious freaks.
    I hope they're burning in hell.
  7. I was in college. Got up early to go to the Physical Therapist (tendonitis from violin stuff). Had the television on when it happened. Watched it at the PT office. Came home and watched some more. I only went to one class that day. I remember the malls being closed.

I don't like to think about it.
  8. I was at the Gym I didn't know anything about it until I actually got to the gym where it was on every TV so I just went to the Bar area where there was a big screen TV to watch instead I saw the second plane hit and the towers fall, I was just in a state of shock it was so unbelieveable

I can't believe it's 6 years already

I think the things that touch me more are stories of the people the different decisions in our lives that don't seem important but are one that was reported here was about a lady who didn't kiss her husband that morning becasue she didn't want to smudge her lipstick.

Every moment is important.
  9. i was in 10th grade at the time. i was in the car on my way to school. we had on KIIS FM and heard the news from there. i was a bit confused about it in the beginning. i wasn't sure how serious it was until i got to school. my teacher had on the TV and that's what we did pretty much the whole day in class. it was so sad. i'm still sad thinking about it. :crybaby:
  10. Everytime I watch anything about 9/11, it makes me very emotional despite the fact that when it actually happened, I - to put it bluntly - couldn't of cared less. Now, it means so much to me. I know that when the 11th comes around tomorrow, I'm going to start bawling when I watch anything on television about it :crybaby:.
  11. 9/11 really affected me.. not so much being directly affected but the amount of grief and emotions that just consumed me at the time. I was leaving school at the time and saw they had put the big TV's on in the reception and everyone was looking at it. I didn't think anything of it at the time and as I was in the car listening to the radio I had heard people jumping off of the building.. then it hit me :sad: I'll never forget 9/11
  12. Where were you when the attacks took place? I was in school. I was a Junior at BSHS in Annapolis, MD. I heard people talking in the halls, but I thought it was them just talking stupid stuff...We turned on the TV in my french class and watched it all. I started to cry in fear. :cry: Our school was placed on lock down and at the beginning of 5th period, parents were notified via radio and TV that schools would be released afterwards (I think it was around 11.30???). My parents both worked on military bases (we're an Army family) and it was placed on lockdown too. They closed the base and sent all nonessential personnel home and that's when my mom came and got me at school. I remember her standing there in front of my school bus, with a fearful look on her face. She gave me the biggest hug when she saw me, I couldn't breathe! We didn't have school for the rest of the week.

What was your reaction? I cried...I was terrified!!! My best friend's dad worked for the Dept. of the Navy at the Pentagon and I remember hearing her screaming a few classrooms down. It was such a horrible feeling

You think we are safer now that its been 6 years? No, not really. I think that we as a society are a lot more aware
  13. I was a senior in high school when it happened. I was in my Econ class when the Government teacher next door came over and told us to watch the news, because a plane had flown into the WTC. We watched the news for the rest of that class, and saw the second plane hit. Then I went to Pre-Calc and we watched the towers fall as it happened. For the rest of that class and then the next, my teachers tried to get us to focus on school stuff, even though we were shaken and there was this weird excitement in the air and no one could concentrate. Some teachers handled it really poorly, as though nothing was happening and our schoolwork was more important. This was the first big thing (like that) that had happened for our generation, so we were freaked out.

After lunch I had a block of classes with one teacher, and she handled the situation really well. She gave us assignments due the next day and turned on the tv, and told us to do what we felt was best for us, whether it was watching the news or doing homework or both.

I stayed glued to the tv all week. I knew how fortunate I was that I didn't lose anyone, and didn't have to spend hours or days or weeks hoping a loved one was safe. I was scared, thinking something way worse was coming for us. No, I don't feel safer, but I also don't let myself live in fear everyday.

I can't believe it's been 6 years already!
  14. I was in NYC at the time, in the Upper East Side in fact. I was very far from the Twin Towers, yet I could see the smoke all the way where I was. Even from our end of the island, I can still remember the firetrucks racing all the way down to the tip of Manhattan to battle the fires, a distance of around 8 miles. It was eerily quiet that day, the office was upset, people were in a daze. I remember seeing the payphones with lines 30 deep. The cell lines were blocked up with people trying to call family and it was a long time before I could even reach my own. It was even difficult to call out on a landline because the Twin Towers sat on top of communication lines that were cut when they came down. Everyone that day just wanted to get home and be with family. What do I remember most? This overwhelming sense of being numb. We New Yorkers had no idea what lay ahead of us. Were more planes coming? Were the bridges and tunnels rigged with bombs? How were we getting home (the subways weren't running and the buses took the brunt of commuters)?

Weeks later I heard story after story of people who walked 15 miles to get home. And everyone was just numb during the first week. It wasn't until a week that everyone was really able to talk or express feelings about it. The firehouses were lined with flowers, posters, and cards to honor the missing. New Yorkers, a normally aloof lot, were reaching out to comfort each other.

Do I feel safer today? Yes, police presence is up all over the city. It has come with a price. I can't even take a tiny little backpack into public venues such as Yankee Stadium, I am subject to random searches, but overall it's a small price to pay for safety. When you go down to Wall Street you finally get a sense that after 6 years, things are starting to get back to normal. Apartment prices are back up to the prices they were before the attack. Businesses that were struggling before are picking up again.

And, yes, I will remember those who perished. I have always done so since that day.
  15. I was in law school in my first class of the day. We had wireless connections, and the guy sitting in front of me was on CNN's website. I saw the video of the burning building and was confused. And a few minutes later, class ended, and he immediately turned to the person next to him and said "they bombed the WTC!" The following week I wrote an article for the school paper on my memory of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan skyline.