Sentimental purse, do you have one?? I do.......

1. But....... Im feeling kind of guilty cause I never use it. My hubby and kids got to gether for Mothers day this year and bought me a Dooney and Bourke "star" tassle tote and matching wallet. I know the majority of you are probably going:yucky: but I think it is just adorable.:love: I think its time to put away my City, Paddy and LVs for a while. What do you all think? Am I the only one who has a sentimental purse?

2. I don't have a sentimental purse but I have bought "non-brand name" purses in the past, just because I like the style and I think if you like it you should wear it--who cares what it is. ;) It sounds like you have a very sweet family!!

3. Yes, I still have my first Coach. Of course, back then all of their purses were leather, nothing like their current line.

4. yes but it is LV Speedy the hubby bought when we were dating. He upgraded to a 30 recently and I gave the 25 to my daughter.

5. Yes, I have 2 sentimental purses. My first designer handbag from when I was in elementary school---a small classic Dooney(Duck emblem in brown and pebbly black leather)that I used to wear across my body and a Fendi that my mum bought me when I was 15. I don't wear either of them anymore, but I've kept them in pristine condition. I like to look at them from time to time.

As for non brand name bags, I have some and I like to use them still. I have a lovely Hype bag with gorgeous super soft pink leather that I love to pieces. I think your D&B sounds cute(I think I've seen it before) and that was so sweet of your hubby and kids to buy it for you!:heart:

6. A Coach purse that I got for my birthday this year, pre Balenciaga craze : ) It is the optic signature with the bees on it. That's my nickname, bee, and it was from my husband : ) I rarely use it now, post Balenciaga craze, but I would never sell it. It's white with the vachetta leather straps and buckles, so I have to be sooo carefull with it, when I carry it.
    Also, my Rouille Twiggy, I had just bought the Cornflower Twiggy and I was already lusting after the Rouille and I told my husband and he said that if I liked it and it would make me happy, to go get it. I thought he'd be upset for not appreciating the Cornflower more and wanting another so soon, but he was so sweet about it. That makes me feel warm and fuzzy : )

I think it's awesome that your husband and kids bought this handbag for you, and them knowing that you love it and use it is way more important and special than having a more upmarket designer that is less sentimental. Especially when you yourself love it, really who cares what we think? : ) Can you post a picture of it?

I wish you well,

Bridget

7. 2 or 3 years ago my boyfriend got me an LV partition as an anniversary gift. I think I used it once:shame:

It's not that I don't like the bag, I LOVE the bag - it's monogram but has a brilliant RED interior - it's so adorable, the equivalent of an LV wristlet! But whenever I got out I need a bigger bag! I guess I don't go out to dinner enough, little things like that that would require a small bag. But come to think of it, even when I go out to dinner I bring a bigger bag! :sad:

8. I still have tucked away an il bisonte clutch bag from the 80's! My mom took me to buy a my first designer bag in jr. high school and I adored it! It's just a simple tan leather clutch bag and I love it! I can't explain why I love it so much I just do!

9. I have a vintage clutch that is just soooo beautiful... I've had it for years and years- its blakc patent leather but its lined in blue and white striped silk, with a matching teensy weensy mirror and perfect kiss lock made out of brass with a little silver cap on the end. I used to buy/sell vintage clutches on eBay and so I've seen a LOT of them. This one is soo beautiful and I just chanced upon it at a garage sale one day- cost me 2 dollars. I looooove it and will never ever sell it.

10. My silver balenciaga box that I got on my honeymoon in St. Barts.

032806 097.jpg
  11. ^^ that is gorgeous!

I have a little straw handbag that was my grandmother's that I treasure. My aunts gave it to me when we were cleaning out her closets after she passed away, and it's so cute and compact just like she was :smile: I :heart: it!

12. Definitely.... I have quite a few vintage bags my grandma recently gave me (Dior, Gucci, Emilio Pucci, even Balenciaga ;)) - they'll be with me forever and will be passed on to my children, my bf has also given me quite a few gorgeous bags for the holidays/birthdays/anniversary (Balenciaga, Chloe, Bottega) that I just treasure as well. That's the thing I love about bags - they're a 'one size fits all' that can be passed down from generation to generation with an increidble history and story - I have just as much of a love for couture/runway clothing... and treasure the pieces I own, but with clothing - size matters ;)

13. yeppers, i've got 3 sentimental purses...the 1st is a calvin klein black satin clutch that my husband got me when we were dating :love:...the 2nd is a vintage beaded clutch that i found @ a thrift store in nyc for my wedding...and the 3rd is my beloved miss black twiggy, which i drooled over for 3 years before buying :tender:

14. Mine, too! It's a black Station bag, bought from the Fair Oaks VA store 8 years ago, when they still sold the wonderful thick leather bags in the regular retail stores. I usually pull it out for a week or so every year, and then give it a good cleaning/moisturizing before putting it back in the closet.

15. Count me in on another first Coach - a small, zip-top bag with a long strap! It was my first bag - my mother bought it for me over twenty years ago. I've given almost all of my other vintage Coach bags away, but I just can't bear to part with this one.