Sellers: How Do You Deal With BIN "Mistakes"?

Oh I have had these & Loads of excuses such as "My 3 year old son did it" I don't believe these are accidents, you have to consciously click on Buy it now & then confirm.
Absolutely request immediate payment but you cannot do that with an item over a certain value.

Unfortunately there is little you can do otherwise these people have no intentions of paying. It is a real pain in the neck! Sorry this happened you.

Can you tell in my response I'm a little annoyed? LOL

I did the mutual agreement with the last one, but she bid at the very beginning of the auction & I just relisted.

This buyer waited till the last half hour of a 7 day auction...(just when bids might be made..) and now it's back to square one. I'll have to wait another 7 days or take it as a sign from the selling Gods & just keep the darn thing (cute Spring bag,lol)

Darn it. How much should I charge her?

I believe the buyer probably is only prepared to reimburse you the listing fees (since the final value fees you can get a credit back from ebay).

I just had this happen to me the night before last... it was a $900 bag & I had 5 counteroffers out on the table & 20 watchers... all LOST!

She indicated that she accidentally hit Buy it Now but would NEVER be able to afford a bag that expensive. My response was much like the OP.. I find it impossible that you could accidentally do this, it's a two step process. And if they had no means to buy a bag for that much $$ why would they even be going near that button! I still have yet to hear back from ebay since the final value fees on this are substantial. At least your 'buyer' offered to reimburse you, mine didn't.

I have a hunch she was going to submit some lowball offer & didn't know what she was doing or had buyers remorse. Either way it was a huge inconvenience & she has since been blocked from my auctions!

On a side note I contacted live help & explained that this is one reason why I'm PO'd that we will no longer be able to give buyers negative feedback... I always think the worst, but what is to stop someone that happens to have the same or similar item up for sale (my competition) from doing this to eliminate my auction so that their auction is the only one available?

I guess you are right, I'll have to start requiring immediate payment. The only reason I don't is because I charge exact shipping & invoice based on that total...immediate payment would require I put a set amount in. :Push: