Seller Won't Ship to Canada - What to do???

as a seller who sends almost all of her packages internationally I can say that filling out a customs form takes about 1 minute each. the only hassle can be an occasional line up, and carrying the stuff. ;)

i NEVER lie on customs forms and I don't think that's ever been a requisite. if someone asks me to I simply say, no.

How far do you live from the border? I'm in BC and I live less than half hour away so I have a mailbox in the States. I ship there all the time. My shipping address in linked to my visa...all you do is notify visa to add the extra shipping address and then you can link it with pp. I've been shipping for years to the states and I have NEVER had a problem.

It's higher shipping, the custom form, AND if someone doesn't pay any duty that's owed, back it comes. It's much simpler to stick to U.S. sellers. I do.
plus insurance is a pain internationally... you can't track it. if an international buyer says they did not get it, the seller has almost no proof. it takes longer so international sellers leave negative feedback for shipping time... it can sit in customs for months.. customs could destroy it. etc.

I agree. I have less problems shipping overseas than I do to Canada. I also have MOST Candian buyers wanting me to charge the same postage as here in the US. I dont think so. I have had packages opened at Customs and the items stolen in Canada. I also insure the item for the FULL replacement value of the item (usally a handbag) and NO I will NOT mark it as a gift. Yet Canadian buyers have gotten angry at ME because they had to pay duty fees. Sorry I wont break the law by lying on govt documents, duty fees are your responsibility, thats your problem. Unfortunately a few horrible Canadian buyers have ruined it for me. I would rather ship to Mars. JMHO.:sad:

Similar experiences here. Canada customs bounce parcels for no apparent reason. I had an item returned stating 'no roman numerals allowed in return addresses' - I live at Number 11. How am I supposed to write it? I explained to the buyer who asked me to try again (and kindly paid a second lot of postage) and I ended up writing my return address label as 'number eleven' - couldn't think how else to do it! It got through that time but it's a headache and a disbelieving buyer could make life difficult for a seller.

As someone who lives in Canada, it does suck that many sellers aren't willing to ship over here, but I can understand why. I know there are quite a few buyers who aren't aware just how much Canada rips it to you when charging for customs & duty & tax and what not, so I can just imagine how many sellers must get angry e-mails about the extra fees that the buyers didn't expect to have to pay.

If they won't ship, they won't. I'm sure the same/similar item will come up on ebay soon enough, so it might just be best to wait it out =)