Seller won't bill me!!! What do I do?

1. I won a MJ purse on eBay THREE days ago. The same night, I was given a bill except to the $35 shipping they added another $5 "REQUIRED" insurance. However, in the auction itself insurance is optional. So I asked them to send me a new bill with the correct amount. However, the seller has not responded to me up to now even though I have sent 3 requests already. What do I do? I don't want to just pay the winning amount + $35 shipping right now because of their unresponsiveness....I'm afraid if I just go ahead without contact, I am going to lose out. The seller is considered an authentic reseller in the Chanel forum so not just some sketchy unknown.

I have this feeling they don't want to sell the bag to me...it was a steal!

2. Can you adjust the amount of shipping while you process PayPal payment? Some sellers make their invoices unadjustable. If it is this case, since it is a steal, why don't you just process the payment per their invoice? The only difference is $5.00, and it makes the shipping secured.

3. One reason is for principle. In the auction, it is clearly stated that insurance is optional. But then when billing, the seller automatically tacked it on without consent. On that note, it is the seller's responsibility to make sure the item gets to the buyer (according to eBay/Paypal) therefore, why should I be forced into paying for something they're responsible for? Especially when there was no mention of in the auction.

The other is because I do NOT want to send money to a seller that does not communicate. I' feel uncomfortable sending money to a seller that doesn't answer questions (to the winner! not just a potential customer).

4. Well, it's been three days but over a weekend. I'd give the seller a bit more time as maybe they went away for the weekend. Also, sometimes life just happens and maybe she has not been able to access a PC for whatever reason.

5. It depends on how badly you want the bag. If it was a fantastic deal I would pay the $5. I agree that if it isn't in the auction you shouldn't have to pay additional fees. Just consider how hard this item is and how often it pops up on eBay. I'm sure they will respond.

6. Usually you can adjust the amount on the check out. Unless the seller has removed the option there will be a box at checkout that allows you to adjust the amount sent (follow the "Pay Now" link in the auction). Then minus the $5 where it says "Seller discounts (-) or charges (+)" then hit "recalculate". Then follow through with the Paypal checkout.
    Or you could just go directly to your paypal account and "Send Payment" from there. It will allow you to fill out the amount yourself. You just need the auction number and her email address to send to.
    Either of these will work unless they force you to use one of the non-ebay checkout methods.

7. i completely agree with you. If it's optional and you choose not to they can't just add it...if they want they can pay it themselves since insurance is for the seller and not the buyers. try to send payment and shipping without the added $5:yes:

8. They may have just added it out of habit. If it's only $5 and the seller usually sends expensive items, they're probably used to people wanting it. Particularly if they were in a rush for whatever reason.

9. i agree with this...

10. I agree with you on the principle issue, but sometimes you have to consider the whole 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' thing. Imagine losing the bag over $5. Sometimes you just have to accept that some people are less ethical than the rest of us.

11. If the seller is known to the Chanel forum and has a good reputation I would give him/her the benefit of the doubt. I agree with Babyjlo - $5 isn't much if it's a bag you really want, though of course in principle any amount over what you agreed upon shouldn't be acceptable. Could just be an honest mistake.

12. I CAN pay right now, that's not the problem. The problem is...I purchased something, was billed a different price and voiced my objection and now the seller won't respond. The discrepancy in the bill was my original concern but now the problem is that I don't want to be sending money to a seller that I cannot get in contact with. I'd rather lose a bid than actual money. I want to know if there's some way for a BUYER to report a SELLER for something other than item not received (no response....like you can do for a buyer). I don't want them to bill me sometime in the future when they finally feel like it or give me negative/file NPB against me when they're the ones who aren't responsive.

The problem is.....I really don't feel safe sending money to unresponsive seller but on the other hand, I'm risking a NPB/neg against me. Is there anything I can do against seller?

13. i don't think so but you can be a non paying bidder...

14. ^ yeah, and get a neg/strike against me, which is not what i want to do.

I just requested contact information and there is a phone number so I am going to buy a phone card and try calling it tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to get a response that way.

15. UPDATE:

I called the number that was in the contact information. The seller has a Chinese name but is male. The person who answered was a female but with a Chinese accent. However, she said she's never heard of this person before. So I don't know what's going on...maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

I just e-mailed customer support at eBay to report the invalid contact information and ask them what to do about an unresponsive seller. I'm even more uncomfortable sending the money now that I know the phone number is invalid.