Self-Made Designers

?

I've thought about making/designing my own bags?

1. Yes, but its just a daydream

2. Yes, and I've made some efforts

3. No, I think you should leave it to professionals

4. No, I have no interest

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I just have a question for all of those with purse fetishes like me. Have you ever thought about designing or making your own purses? The reason I ask is because I'm fascinated by up and coming designers(esp. stories of how they started), and wonder if I should be on the look out for any TPFers:smile:

2. i've thought about it but would probably have to practice on a million different peices of crappy leather before i ever tried to make anything for myself... and before that i'd practice on a thick fabric. i'd go through a lot of trouble if i was acctually going to put that much effort forwards hehe, finding the perfect design and materials and whatnot... it's like a "one day when i'm older and have a bit of time on my hands" kind of daydream hehe.

3. I'm kind of like that too:yes:. I tend to admire people that do things that I can't or would have to exert superhuman strength to get done.

4. Yes, one of my dreams is making small purses and bags, but I need to find someone to teach me how to sew by machine!

5. Not a hope. I don't have a practical bone in my body and was chucked out of needlework and cookery classes for ineptitude. Love what creative people can do, can't do a thing myself!

6. I'm like Miss Sooky.

7. not for bags but coats - have a weird coat obsession, and I have started to customise mine (for myself though) - when I am done I will post pics in the wardrobe section and get everyone's input ;)!

as for the making: not at all creative in general but when it comes to fashion/styling I love to get into it. but I can't say I would be able to manage all the aspects of designing and producing - it is different to change the look of something already made.

we will see.

8. No, I've never wanted to design handbags. The thrill of buying and owning them is what I love.

9. Hi Maryg1,
    With living in Italy-I would think you have the ultimate advantage! Can you sketch what you would like and have someone make a sample for you?

QUOTE:
    "Not a hope. I don't have a practical bone in my body and was chucked out of needlework and cookery classes for ineptitude. Love what creative people can do, can't do a thing myself!"

Miss Sooky-that is hillarious.

QUOTE:
    "not for bags but coats - have a weird coat obsession, and I have started to customise mine (for myself though) - when I am done I will post pics in the wardrobe section and get everyone's input ;)!

as for the making: not at all creative in general but when it comes to fashion/styling I love to get into it. but I can't say I would be able to manage all the aspects of designing and producing - it is different to change the look of something already made.

we will see."

I'd like to see also-can't wait to see your pics. Sounds like in general, you could be a professional "make over person or stylist.

10. I have been tinkering with handbag design. Sketching lots, sewing lots, and shopping for great fabrics. I'll be graduating to leather before I even know it!!

11. I am not creative enough to actually try it but I have daydreamed about what my creations would look like.

12. i think everyone has a dream bag picture in their head that only they could produce. it's who gets it out there that makes the money! ;)

13. I made a small black leather ladybug coin purse for my DH a long while back. It was cute but literally a pain (especially when I didn't know a thing about leather then, didn't have a sewing machine yet and just used really strong waxed thread with a needle and hand sewn the thing together :sweatdrop: . Will-power!)

Now, DH has moved on to a wallet that also holds coins. Sigh.

14. Sometime ive given it a though. But its somethig I rather buy and love rather than make.