Secrets & Lies

I didn't see Cornell Confidential but I read that they wanted to leave it open ended IF Ryan came back for S2. So he may or may not be back I'm guessing?

It seems like S2 or at least part of it will be Nat and Cornell trying to get Abby or was that what was on Cornell Confidential??
I watched cornell confidential. I guess it's subject to interpretation. I thought from watch that Ben would be exonorated and Cornell was arresting Abby. So case closed and new case next year. Pretty bizarre how you had to go online to get the ending.

I thought it weird that Ben didn't ask her how or why she put those 50 flashlights in the garage that one time. How did she buy all of those and set them up with no one noticing she was gone or where she got the money. Also didn't really like that they didn't address where Ben's wife got that $150, 000 and what she was really stashing it for (I know she said from her brother over the years) but that seemed like BS.

I thought it weird that Ben didn't ask her how or why she put those 50 flashlights in the garage that one time. How did she buy all of those and set them up with no one noticing she was gone or where she got the money. Also didn't really like that they didn't address where Ben's wife got that $150, 000 and what she was really stashing it for (I know she said from her brother over the years) but that seemed like BS.
I thought when Cornell was investigating she said the boy was drowned and drowing is a female crime. When abby told her story, she hit him and then left him in the woods? So I was expecting someone came and finished him off.

I thought when Cornell was investigating she said the boy was drowned and drowing is a female crime. When abby told her story, she hit him and then left him in the woods? So I was expecting someone came and finished him off.

I think Cornell said that whoever it was attempted to drown him (as a female crime), or was trying to lead him to the water...things went bad and then Tom was hit after that.

Abby said she hit Tom once and it was an accident. Cornell said he was struck 6 times.

I think Cornell said that whoever it was attempted to drown him (as a female crime), or was trying to lead him to the water...things went bad and then Tom was hit after that.

Abby said she hit Tom once and it was an accident. Cornell said he was struck 6 times.
OK, so I guess it was definitely Abby
thanks

On Cornell Confidential she kept referring to Ben in the past tense...it made it sound like he was no longer alive, as in "killed in prison'?
just read an online recap.... writer took it to mean he's dead but we don't know how he died.....and ryan philippe has said he'd not coming back. so if the show is renewed there will be a new case

This!

just read an online recap.... writer took it to mean he's dead but we don't know how he died.....and ryan philippe has said he'd not coming back. so if the show is renewed there will be a new case

I just read the same thing. The premise of the show though was to wrap up the case and if it returns it would be Cornell with a new case.

Yeah it made it seem like Cornell wanted to clear his name, not to have him released from prison so I assume that he was probably killed in prison. Sad really but gosh, he was so dumb at times (as Tom).

I would never want to be in that position but I do think Abby should've received some sort of punishment as she was totally a psycho... How she ended the episode with a "this wouldn't have happened if I just led him to the lake"

Wait weren't there all the flashlights in the garage from the neighbor across the street - the guy who was trying to get Ben caught (can't remember his name but he was really angry at Ben and told him he def killed Tom). He was trying to set him up to get him caught. Abby just returned the one flashlight.

I can't BELIEVE Abby was the killer but then again, it started to all make sense - I think with how they portrayed it she def did it on purpose and was calculating.

Ryan Phillipe said his story ended with the finale of season 1 which makes me sad, because I liked him on the show and would love to continue watching this story unfold.

Yeah it made it seem like Cornell wanted to clear his name, not to have him released from prison so I assume that he was probably killed in prison. Sad really but gosh, he was so dumb at times (as Tom).

I would never want to be in that position but I do think Abby should've received some sort of punishment as she was totally a psycho... How she ended the episode with a "this wouldn't have happened if I just led him to the lake"

That makes a lot of sense about "not to have him released from prison". It's not only what Cornell said but what she didn't say that clarifies it for me. Also, maybe a stretch, but Natalie and the heavy friend (forgot his name) might have visited Ben in prison on Natalie's birthday if Ben were still alive.

But in the car, Abby very creepily said "this would've never happened if Tom had gotten to the water". So she was planning on drowning him with very little evidence left behind but he ran.