Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweetdreamer16 said:
I think the reason why they don't give out details or specifics is because if they do it would be a treasure trove of info for counterfeiters to make their fakes even more authentic looking and thus make it easier for people to end up with a fake that they think is real!

That makes a lot of sense :smile:

LOVE the Hermes envelope!! Sooo beautiful and you can tell the quality of it!!

Soo sorry to the ladies with the fakes, its soo sneaky sometimes.. I see about 99% fakes when I shop and when I find that one authentic pieces I start doubting it even though I know its real.. I actually just had a higher end consignment shop contact me about buying their McQueen skull scarf and when I saw a pic I knew right away it was a fake and they either have no clue or are trying to pass a fast one on me. I told them it was fake but I feel like unless you KNOW your designer duds and can tell, don't open a shop that sells used "Authentic" goods.

I haven't posted in a while because I've been slacking off and haven't found anything good but I creep in every day to see all the new finds!

YEP ..sorry to say, anything and everything is faked these days. I saw a cute Anna Sui top the other day and grabbed it, $2 ...kept on shopping and found another Anna Sui top...with a totally different label, different color thread, etc. I got to compare them side to side. But I would have grabbed either of them ..had they been found individually.

A dead giveaway is that stitching on the label is almost always the same color of the label. ( no black label with white thread)

I left both of them there ...didnt want to take any chances.

merekat703 said:
LOVE the Hermes envelope!! Sooo beautiful and you can tell the quality of it!!

Soo sorry to the ladies with the fakes, its soo sneaky sometimes.. I see about 99% fakes when I shop and when I find that one authentic pieces I start doubting it even though I know its real.. I actually just had a higher end consignment shop contact me about buying their McQueen skull scarf and when I saw a pic I knew right away it was a fake and they either have no clue or are trying to pass a fast one on me. I told them it was fake but I feel like unless you KNOW your designer duds and can tell, don't open a shop that sells used "Authentic" goods.

I haven't posted in a while because I've been slacking off and haven't found anything good but I creep in every day to see all the new finds!

I get paranoid too. I just got a mbmj authenticated here even though it looked right was sold by a reputable (although discount loehmanns) brick and mortar store that often carries mbmj purses and leather goods. Bc I started to imagine a bait and switch return scenario!
Turns out it is the real deal :smile: and actually the first non secondhand clothing or purse purchase I have made in months!

Ferragamo bag at the local SVDP thrift store and for eight dollars!!

Attachments

• image-3272860074.jpg
    image-3272860074.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 549
  • image-844395189.jpg
    image-844395189.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 545
  • image-3847198695.jpg
    image-3847198695.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 550
  • image-228807465.jpg
    image-228807465.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 553
  • image-3449635068.jpg
    image-3449635068.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 546
  • image-33027428.jpg
    image-33027428.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 550
Here are a couple of my finds today :smile:

pradas.jpg

$15 Pradas - a few scratches to the silk heel - wish they were my size :sad:

boot.jpg

Pajar Women's Tobogan Boot EUC $10 - my size! These are on Amazon for $100+

I had a black bamboo handled Gucci bag in my hands but I decided it was a good fake. It was only $15 but I didn't love it anyway so it wasn't worth the risk.

Here are a couple of my finds today :smile:

$15 Pradas - a few scratches to the silk heel - wish they were my size :sad:

Pajar Women's Tobogan Boot EUC $10 - my size! These are on Amazon for $100+

I had a black bamboo handled Gucci bag in my hands but I decided it was a good fake. It was only $15 but I didn't love it anyway so it wasn't worth the risk.

You should've taken pics of the gucci bag cute pradas!!

hi ladies, got a question for you....

so this thrifting habit that i discovered is getting out of hand (LOL!) i think i just filled my closet in a matter of two weeks because of a lot of awesome finds! i'm thinking of selling them and keeping some stuff that i really really like.

do you also sell your thrift finds?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.