Secondhand bargains, let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay new thread!

Pao - gorgeous dresses, such great deals and they look so good on you :smile:

My thrifty boys and gals I found a Guy Laroche bag but I am not sure if I will keep it, it was &20. What do you think? Does anyone here have Guy Laroche bags?

image-1719333158.jpg

It's leather and looks like no one used it. Still has some silica bags inside. It has very cool leather on the handles almost checkerboard looking.

Attachments

• image-1966477389.jpg
    image-1966477389.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 1,794
  • image-1859786784.jpg
    image-1859786784.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 1,804
  • image-1130117359.jpg
    image-1130117359.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 1,815
  • image-1859786472.jpg
    image-1859786472.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 1,833
Yay new thread!

My thrifty boys and gals I found a Guy Laroche bag but I am not sure if I will keep it, it was &20. What do you think? Does anyone here have Guy Laroche bags?

View attachment 2060659

It's leather and looks like no one used it. Still has some silica bags inside. It has very cool leather on the handles almost checkerboard looking.

I think I'd keep it, I love the color~ I found Guy Laroche clothing last week at Salvos but not my size. I actually almost fell over as isn't he the guy who clothed most if not all of the game show hosts?

Happy new thread everyone! I'm loving all your finds and looking forward to Anne's TV debut tomorrow, it's scheduled on my DVR:smile:

I started selling on PoshMark and its going better than eBay so far... I have sold 2 things thus far, but I agree that it's tough to figure out a good wag to search. Some people will just go a little cray with their pricing...$50 for a gap top - really?

I agree searching leaves something to be desired. Lots of work for a thrifty buyer but I definitely am looking at brands that I wouldn't otherwise when I enjoy a persons style. Which I suppose is the point. Still having more filters would be nice and ability to set mandatory search words.

I have seen some pretty wonky pricing. Nothing as bad as a $50 gap top! Lol. I think I lot of sellers on pm have never sold anywhere before. 90% retail for a used item... Not exactly market!

ladies I have an OT rant:

I am having a very bad week. First my fiancé's grandmother died and then I wake up this morning to find out that eBay removed a prada bag that I posted that was doing very well. When I contacted eBay they said its because I didn't post a receipt. I posted many pictures to prove the authenticity ( the bag was my mothers and it was purchased from a prada boutique in Italy) I posted the hardware, the interior etc. I just don't understand how someone can basically assume it's a "fake" report it and eBay doesn't even bother to notify you first with a warning, they just take it down. For all they know it could be someone with a vendetta against a seller. I am so aggravated, I have sold bags just recently. Listed them just the same and no problems, I am fuming...

They did that to me with a Chanel..that was real about a year ago. After arguing with them for two weeks, they finally told me they took it down "by mistake". Did they compensate me in any way? NOOOOOOO. They relisted it at no charge. Big Deal. I hear you though, that was the angriest I have ever gotten on eBay, even worse that some of those liar buyers.I feel your pain.

eBay really sucks. I'm so aggravated.

quick question: how long after winning a bid should it take to receive payment? Bc something I listed ended on Saturday and she still hasn't paid and I'm headed to ship the other items out. I emailed her and zero communication.

I would have posted in the EBay forum but it seems you ladies are the Bly ones that ever answer me!! (And I love you guys for that)

In my listing I state "Please contact me within 3 days of the end of the auction and payment should be received within 5 days". I'm not sure what eBays view is on payment time. Stuff happens and sometime there is a genuine reason they are late and sometimes they are just lazy. I would email the person again in a few days and ask them to at least contact you and let you know when you can expect payment. After a week or so, I'd ask them to pay or tell them I will relist. You can also get eBay involved, if they do not pay (Customer Support-Resolution Center - I haven't received my payment yet). I have almost 600 feedback and I have NEVER not been paid and had to relist.

Last edited:
Happy new thread everyone! I'm loving all your finds and looking forward to Anne's TV debut tomorrow, it's scheduled on my DVR:smile:

I started selling on PoshMark and its going better than eBay so far... I have sold 2 things thus far, but I agree that it's tough to figure out a good wag to search. Some people will just go a little cray with their pricing...$50 for a gap top - really?

When & Where is Anne's TV debut? I missed that post.

You can set eBay up so that the system reports non payment as non paying bidder after 3 days. But in all honesty some buyers pay really slow and some instantly and some never pay. You really can't tell what will happen!

I just send an invoice after the auction end and then a day or two later. I have my shipping set up thru eBay so it is easy to drop off the packages without standing in line.

They have FREE Postal Pick-up here. I just tell them to pick it up and leave it on the porch.

I didn't have a chance too see everyone's finds fe my Cell so Ill comment tonight!
Here are the 2 Vera wang dresses, pics of the ferragamo pants to come soon.

Each dress was $20!!

Yes Anne, I was in Nassau!

Gorgeous dresses!!! You look amazing in them!!!!

xxxxx I signed up but haven't sold anything or started following anyone. I don't have Pao's seller page either...I agree it's hard to search efficiently though. Kinda bothers me which is why I haven't done much with it yet. Might go ahead and put some items on the FB group though!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay new thread!

View attachment 2060659

I didn't even know Guy Laroche made bags, but my favorite perfume is by Guy Laroche. I would imagine the bag is Vintage, yeah?

You know what I don't get? When I buy something off eBay I usually pay right away because I'm so excited to get it in the mail! What's wrong with these people?!

I'm with you. It kills me when I buy and pay for an auction right away, then like a week later I get word it's mailed. People pay me by 3, I ship the same day. Only day they wait is Sunday.

I say authentic! I have a similar one! Classic nylon' good job!
Thank you!

I didn't have a chance too see everyone's finds fe my Cell so Ill comment tonight!
Here are the 2 Vera wang dresses, pics of the ferragamo pants to come soon.

Each dress was $20!!

View attachment 2060282

View attachment 2060284

View attachment 2060285

View attachment 2060286

Yes Anne, I was in Nassau!
You look amazing! Happy birthday!

Yay new thread!

View attachment 2060659

I would keep it, it looks so cool!

I didn't even know Guy Laroche made bags, but my favorite perfume is by Guy Laroche. I would imagine the bag is Vintage, yeah?
Me neither. It looks really well made, very structured and definitely vintage. It's growing on me :smile:
Yay new thread!

Well Magda, that's one I do not own. Are you shocked?:nuts:

I think I'd keep it, I love the color~ I found Guy Laroche clothing last week at Salvos but not my size. I actually almost fell over as isn't he the guy who clothed most if not all of the game show hosts?

Thank you!

You look amazing! Happy birthday!

I would keep it, it looks so cool!

Thanks guys, you are right, Raven, I am surprised :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.