Secondhand Bargains....let's see your cheap treasures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at this same thrift store last week and they had a necklace that had TEETH ... pony teeth on it ... I almost threw up! Then I showed the Grandma aged lady and she almost threw up. Good times.

Anyhow today was better ... no failure ... no sushi magnets ...

dress004.jpg

This is a half slip by Dior ...
dress005.jpg

Made of the softest soft cotton! I snatched it up the moment I saw the white on white Dior embroidery! So thrilling! $1.50. The lace on this is nothing to sneeze about ... amazing quality

dress015.jpg

This brand is sold at Anthropology ... for over one millioooonnn dollahsssss!
dress044.jpg

I Love it ... and I was not 110% sure on it til I got it home ... I like to pay less than $6 for a dress my friends ... this is how infected with the thrift bug I am. I almost left it there ... of course then I would be thinking about it and have to go back at opening to buy it!

Who does that!? I do ... again and again and again ... does anyone else in here?

dress045.jpg

The lace is see thru ... the bust has a solid panel though ... not too French!

I may wear one of my very colorful slips under it. Red, yellow, pink ... those all come to mind ...

black of course would be an obvious choice ..
dress047.jpg

Some jewelry ...

dress007.jpg

Golden chains with faux pearls and a tassel ... the tassels are so "in style" right now ...

dress010.jpg

But the main reason I laid down my $3.50 was the texture of the chain. Can you see how each link is super textured and the yellow gold is kind of matte? This is beautiful old costume quality! Happy! This is my main thrift store I think because it's close enough to walk to and it is near the grocery store. I find that I can find decent jewelry if I just check it a few times a week. They constantly put out new things and I went thru a super dry period! Not an earring as far as my one good eye could see!

dress013.jpg

*sings* Hoo Are You? Hoo Hoo, Hoo Hoo! I really wanna know! $3 Owl Necklace!

fleur001.jpg

Pewter Vase $5 .. thrifted

Eden Roses .. huge vases of Eden Roses all over the house!
fleur005.jpg

fleur010.jpg

$1 metal stretchy bracelet that has lost its stretch ... I have to restring it ... But I love it ... I had to buy it

fleur012.jpg

Milky vintage rhinestone earrings ... $3 ... I bought some like this not long ago ... So pretty

fleur014.jpg

$2 Clip on red white and blue! I have a party to go to on July 2nd! And these will be my earrings ...

fleur030.jpg

Sarah Coventry mark ... not sure how old these are ...

fleur023.jpg

Ok these are chandelier earrings that I saw on Clothes Encounters (you tube addiction) and these were NOT thrifted but they were on sale for only $5 and I had free shipping!
fleur019.jpg

Sorta fantastically chandelier-ier ... I love that! They are quite dramatic and so am I! *shoves Crystal Carrington into a pool!* Reminds me I almost bought a pattern that features Linda Evans in a Massive 1980's power suit ... But ... it was a quarter .. so I passed! Although I totally cleaned the house yesterday and I train hard for the game Mom & I played while cleaning house together .. which is you gather all the change you find as you clean and whomever has the most at the end WINS all the change from the other one. It's going to be in the Olymics soon ... I mean hey put curling in the Olympics ... so it is just a matter of time. Go for a clean couch is my advice to you ... What's the point? Don't know ... forgot ..

Onward!

dress016.jpg

I fear a Cheese Shortage ...

dress017.jpg

So I carry my own set of cheese forks AOT ... $2 for the set ... made in Italy! FANCY!
dress019.jpg

A small price to pay for assurance you'll be able to move someone's cheese ...

Or if tiny people come to dinner and need tiny forks ... I am ready for them
dress022.jpg

You should smell this case! It smells sooo good! like an old book!

I found fabric galore ... this is the thrift where they price things crazy low at times ... this is about a yard of thicker damask silk ... for 25 cents
dress024.jpg

And this is three yards of cotton for 50 cents
dress027.jpg

Wonder Under type stuff ... a quarter
dress041.jpg

And MORE wonder under type stuff ... for sewing. I really think that my sewing is made better by my decision to thrift all my supplies. It forces me to be more creative!
dress037.jpg

This curtain material is sooooo crazy soft .. I bought it because it had an incredible feel to it.
dress039.jpg

I may make a dress from it ... Or use it as an outdoor curtain around our patio ... I saw a design in a magazine that I liked that had old shower curtains used to shelter certain areas outside in the garden ...
dress040.jpg

Made in Turkey! And that is why it is so impossibly soft! I looked these up on Amazon and they are very costly ... $2 is a great deal ...

dress036.jpg

Do you need a pattern for a dress with feather trim? Cause I do I do ... exp. for 25 cents thank you VERY much!

dress025.jpg

This is pillow cases ... one is hand done ... these are now insanely hard to find ... they were plentiful 10 years ago .. now I maybe maybe find one or two a year ... they were $1 each ... I like the way they look together and I am absolutely obsessive about the "hand" of the cotton. It has to be cool, smooth and so so soft. ONLY vintage pillowcases have that ... it reminds me of my Grams House actually ...

I collect so many things ... luckily I won't pay much and they are pretty much all impossible to find these days

Mugs were 10 cents today!

dress029.jpg

I needed a giant massive coffee cup with roses
dress034.jpg

And I needed to horrify my Hubs with this Seal of the State of California .. Arnold Schwarzenegger ... To remind him ... of the Good Ole Days ... (I kid i kid i joke!)

There was a picture mug there too ... of two daughters by their Dad and it was taken by Sears I'd say and then the Mug said, "We Love You Dad." ANd I almost started to cry and then I almost started to laugh and then I thought I should buy this mug and give Mom coffee in it next time she comes over. Cause I like to torture her ya know? It's good to keep her on her toes. She woulda said, "Who are these people?" "Um those are Strangers Mom." "Why do you have this Mug?"
"Cause it's so so sad ... i HAD to buy it."

Crap. Now I have to go back for the stupid saddest Mug ever ... 10 cents ... someone had to keep it outta the landfill ...
:lolots: Too funny! I am loving that slip, the lace is so sweet. I didn't know tassels were in, thanks for info. I love the black dress and yes, please wear black; yellow will make you look like a bumble bee. I like your patriotic earrings. Isn't it wonderful when you find something special for a holiday! The little cheese forks will come in handy, they are great.

One last Grand Rapids thrifting experience! My exboyfriend took me out for a night of salvation army and goodwill shopping (my car is already en route to California). He sure knows a way to a girl's heart!

I found a couple last second treasures I can pack before the movers get here tomorrow. Excuse the awful quality pictures, I may need to retake these once my mannequin is unpacked!

HALSTON silk lined wool blazer, $3.99

aeff8963.jpg

Cool Apara Paris blazer and silk top, $6.99 as a set

4eb18130.jpg

3177472b.jpg

Strenesse jacket, a perfect match for the skirt I got last week! $1.99

a9ee82ec.jpg

Ports blazer!!!! I LOVE this!! $3.99

8f10df14.jpg

One more Kate Spade Sam bag, $6.99

012889b7.jpg

Valentine! Fan Freakin tastic!

I can't even imagine a guy taking me thrift shopping ... that has never happened.

My favorite is the purple blazer, but I would not push the Ports outta bed either ,,.,

lazlo8 said:
Valentine! Fan Freakin tastic!

I can't even imagine a guy taking me thrift shopping ... that has never happened.

My favorite is the purple blazer, but I would not push the Ports outta bed either ,,.,

Thanks Lazlo! I love your finds, too! The embroidery on that slip is to die for! And the jewelry!!

As for the guy - he's something special, lol. I'll certainly miss him!

Loving everyone's copious amounts of great blazer and purse finds lately!!

Salvos! Great name, I think I'll use that one whenever my friend and I talk about thrifting! Very cute stuff, especially LOVE the Reiss dress!

Thanks- now I just have to find an occasion to wear it!

Haha, we love shortening words then sticking a vowel on the end! Even all their shop signs here read "Salvos", it's pretty funny. Oh and we don't call them "thrift shops", they are "op shops" (opportunity shops) to us and we go "op shopping"..my American relatives have already borrowed that one off me!

Such great finds! All of your dresses are stunning!

Love the dresses! Great finds!

Thank you! I love wearing dresses and collecting interesting designer dresses. After shoes, the dress rack is always the second thing I tackle in any thrift.

That Krista dress is gorgeous!

Looking forward to Monday, the first half off day in a month!

Thanks! Oh I love half off days (who doesn't), happy bargain hunting on Monday!! Salvation Army shops here run a great system of coloured tags (yellow, purple, orange, blue); every week all items of a certain tag colour are -50% for the whole week. I can't recall if it's the same in the US, I don't shop at SA so much when I'm there - the SAs in "my" area of California aren't great, while the Goodwills and independents are fantastic!

One last Grand Rapids thrifting experience! My exboyfriend took me out for a night of salvation army and goodwill shopping (my car is already en route to California). He sure knows a way to a girl's heart!

I found a couple last second treasures I can pack before the movers get here tomorrow. Excuse the awful quality pictures, I may need to retake these once my mannequin is unpacked!

aeff8963.jpg

4eb18130.jpg

3177472b.jpg

a9ee82ec.jpg

8f10df14.jpg

012889b7.jpg
HALSTON! I LOVE HALSTON! While I am "op shopping" I make it a habit to look for Halston anything. What a lucky break to find the purple jacket to match the skirt you've already purchased. What a wonderful ex!

Ok so I bought these bags for $5 each. It was as though they were waiting on me. The pictures do not do them justice. Once again, the New York designer is Martin van Schaak.
IMG_20120621_194742.jpg

This one is suede.
IMG_20120621_191515-1.jpg

IMG_20120621_191837-1.jpg

IMG_20120621_194325-1.jpg

IMG_20120621_194427-1.jpg

This one is a Braccialini/Saks Fifth Avenue Italian handbag
IMG_20120621_194820-1.jpg

IMG_20120621_194857-1.jpg

another Italian handbag, Casadei
IMG_20120621_194654-1.jpg

Sorry about all of the pics, I was just so excited. It's getting harder and harder to find vintage bags.
Oh and sorry they are so large.

Super beautiful bags!

I was at this same thrift store last week and they had a necklace that had TEETH ... pony teeth on it ... I almost threw up! Then I showed the Grandma aged lady and she almost threw up. Good times.

dress004.jpg

dress005.jpg

Made of the softest soft cotton! I snatched it up the moment I saw the white on white Dior embroidery! So thrilling! $1.50. The lace on this is nothing to sneeze about ... amazing quality

dress015.jpg

dress044.jpg

I Love it ... and I was not 110% sure on it til I got it home ... I like to pay less than $6 for a dress my friends ... this is how infected with the thrift bug I am. I almost left it there ... of course then I would be thinking about it and have to go back at opening to buy it!

Who does that!? I do ... again and again and again ... does anyone else in here?

dress045.jpg

I may wear one of my very colorful slips under it. Red, yellow, pink ... those all come to mind ...

dress047.jpg

Some jewelry ...

dress007.jpg

Golden chains with faux pearls and a tassel ... the tassels are so "in style" right now ...

dress010.jpg

But the main reason I laid down my $3.50 was the texture of the chain. Can you see how each link is super textured and the yellow gold is kind of matte? This is beautiful old costume quality! Happy! This is my main thrift store I think because it's close enough to walk to and it is near the grocery store. I find that I can find decent jewelry if I just check it a few times a week. They constantly put out new things and I went thru a super dry period! Not an earring as far as my one good eye could see!

dress013.jpg

fleur001.jpg

fleur005.jpg

fleur010.jpg

$1 metal stretchy bracelet that has lost its stretch ... I have to restring it ... But I love it ... I had to buy it

fleur012.jpg

Milky vintage rhinestone earrings ... $3 ... I bought some like this not long ago ... So pretty

fleur014.jpg

$2 Clip on red white and blue! I have a party to go to on July 2nd! And these will be my earrings ...

fleur030.jpg

fleur023.jpg

Ok these are chandelier earrings that I saw on Clothes Encounters (you tube addiction) and these were NOT thrifted but they were on sale for only $5 and I had free shipping!
fleur019.jpg

Sorta fantastically chandelier-ier ... I love that! They are quite dramatic and so am I! *shoves Crystal Carrington into a pool!* Reminds me I almost bought a pattern that features Linda Evans in a Massive 1980's power suit ... But ... it was a quarter .. so I passed! Although I totally cleaned the house yesterday and I train hard for the game Mom & I played while cleaning house together .. which is you gather all the change you find as you clean and whomever has the most at the end WINS all the change from the other one. It's going to be in the Olymics soon ... I mean hey put curling in the Olympics ... so it is just a matter of time. Go for a clean couch is my advice to you ... What's the point? Don't know ... forgot ..

Onward!

dress016.jpg

dress017.jpg

So I carry my own set of cheese forks AOT ... $2 for the set ... made in Italy! FANCY!
dress019.jpg

dress022.jpg

I found fabric galore ... this is the thrift where they price things crazy low at times ... this is about a yard of thicker damask silk ... for 25 cents
dress024.jpg

dress027.jpg

dress041.jpg

And MORE wonder under type stuff ... for sewing. I really think that my sewing is made better by my decision to thrift all my supplies. It forces me to be more creative!
dress037.jpg

This curtain material is sooooo crazy soft .. I bought it because it had an incredible feel to it.
dress039.jpg

I may make a dress from it ... Or use it as an outdoor curtain around our patio ... I saw a design in a magazine that I liked that had old shower curtains used to shelter certain areas outside in the garden ...
dress040.jpg

Made in Turkey! And that is why it is so impossibly soft! I looked these up on Amazon and they are very costly ... $2 is a great deal ...

dress036.jpg

Do you need a pattern for a dress with feather trim? Cause I do I do ... exp. for 25 cents thank you VERY much!

dress025.jpg

This is pillow cases ... one is hand done ... these are now insanely hard to find ... they were plentiful 10 years ago .. now I maybe maybe find one or two a year ... they were $1 each ... I like the way they look together and I am absolutely obsessive about the "hand" of the cotton. It has to be cool, smooth and so so soft. ONLY vintage pillowcases have that ... it reminds me of my Grams House actually ...

I collect so many things ... luckily I won't pay much and they are pretty much all impossible to find these days

dress029.jpg

dress034.jpg

And I needed to horrify my Hubs with this Seal of the State of California .. Arnold Schwarzenegger ... To remind him ... of the Good Ole Days ... (I kid i kid i joke!)

There was a picture mug there too ... of two daughters by their Dad and it was taken by Sears I'd say and then the Mug said, "We Love You Dad." ANd I almost started to cry and then I almost started to laugh and then I thought I should buy this mug and give Mom coffee in it next time she comes over. Cause I like to torture her ya know? It's good to keep her on her toes. She woulda said, "Who are these people?" "Um those are Strangers Mom." "Why do you have this Mug?"

Crap. Now I have to go back for the stupid saddest Mug ever ... 10 cents ... someone had to keep it outta the landfill ...

I love your roses!

aeff8963.jpg

4eb18130.jpg

3177472b.jpg

a9ee82ec.jpg

8f10df14.jpg

012889b7.jpg

Beautiful finds!

dress004.jpg

dress005.jpg

dress015.jpg

dress044.jpg

dress045.jpg

dress047.jpg

Some jewelry ...

dress007.jpg

dress010.jpg

dress013.jpg

fleur001.jpg

fleur005.jpg

fleur010.jpg

fleur012.jpg

fleur014.jpg

fleur030.jpg

fleur023.jpg

fleur019.jpg

Onward!

dress016.jpg

dress017.jpg

dress019.jpg

dress022.jpg

dress024.jpg

dress027.jpg

dress041.jpg

dress037.jpg

dress039.jpg

dress040.jpg

dress036.jpg

dress025.jpg

dress029.jpg

dress034.jpg

Teeth!? Noooo! Nothing with teeth! That is just too awful! I can't even imagine.
The slip and dress are gorgeous! I would love to see the dress with a pink slip underneath.

How funny that someone gave away the mug with pictures in it. That is sad, just sad, those people should be ashamed of themselves! I hope you go back and get it.
Thanks Sweetwon, I like sparkly too. I am going back tomorrow to see if I left one behind. I wish I could find a skin.
I will send you good luck vibes since I want to see what you find!

aeff8963.jpg

4eb18130.jpg

3177472b.jpg

a9ee82ec.jpg

8f10df14.jpg

012889b7.jpg
Wow! You got a man to go thrifting with you?? I asked hubby to take me to goodwill yesterday and he told me to call his sister and see if she would go. He hates goodwill, and I secretly think his sister does too.

I really like the blazers you found! And I can't believe you keep finding Kate Spade bags. I swear no one in this town has any sense of style. I never find good things. Ok, sometimes I find a few things, but not many. I need to move...

Status
Not open for further replies.