Secondary Purse Lines

1. What designer purses do you consider as secondary purse lines?
  2. What's a secondary purse line? Do you mean mid-range brands?
  3. I was watching a talk show, and they were discussing purses. They mentioned Dooney as a secondary line; I was just wondering if anyone knew what designers fell into this category.
  4. I think that just means it's not an extreme high-end brand, like LV or Chanel.
  5. I don't think there is rule to catagorize first or secondary purse lines. I think it is purely personal opinion.
  6. When I first read this I thought a "secondary purse line" meant any designer that first and foremost designs clothing, and then handbags/accessories/etc. are secondary LOL. :noggin:

But back to the topic! I agree with lovemyangels, it's relative to personal opinion.
  7. ..but the fashion critics are the driving force behind fashion. Opinion can be a good indicator for personal preference, but.... The critics' interpretation, I felt was Dooney and any other brand that was around that price range and status.
  8. In my opinion it goes like this...

Primary: Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes, Gucci, Christian Dior, Marc Jacobs, Prada/Miu Miu, Burberry, Balenciaga, etc.

Secondary: Dooney and Burke, Juicy Couture, Coach, Furla, Kooba, Kate Spade, Cole Haan, Bulga, Botkier, etc.

And the bolded ones are just the fab five. Always popular, always in style, appeal to all ages, etc.
  9. I've always thought it meant, for example, like Marc Jacobs has his high end collection and then he has his Marc collection as his secondary, less expensive line.
  10. I agree with this as well. Also, I think Fendi would be considered primary.
  11. This is what I assumed too.:confused1:

12. Yes, that's what I thought it meant too.
  13. When you talk about a designer's "secondary" line, you are refering to their less expensive line. Like MbMJ as opposed to MJ.

But I think LadyV's list is of "bag hierarchy" is interesting. In tier 1, I would add fendi as well, and move burberry down to tier 2. I would say that coach, dooney, and furla should stay in tier 2, but not Bulga, Juicy or Kooba. IMO those 3 brands are in a different category all together- more of a "trendy" category.
  14. That's what I thought....Michael by Michael Kors, Kenneth Cole New York and Kenneth Cole Reaction.......

15. Jumping in to say this is what I thought when I first read this.

Like Coach has their Boutique line (which sometimes eventually goes to outlet) but they also have an outlet line with colors and styles that are made just for the outlet.