Second chance offer...should I buy it???

1. Hi,

I've been given eBay's Second Chance Offer to purchase the City in rouge theatre (2005) (based on silver tag) for $750.

eBay: Genuine BALENCIAGA Women's Shoulder/Arm Handbag Red (item 280062817901 end time Dec-27-06 19:01:29 PST)

What do you think? This will be my first bbag and I've never spent this much on a bag, let alone this much on eBay! I'm now a little leery because there was 3 higher bidders than me and none of the bids met the reserve price. I just find it weird that no one else decided to buy the bag via the Second Chance Offer.

Please let me know what I should do!

Thank you!

2. I would make sure it is a real second chance offer and not a fake phising email.

3. How do you know if it's a legit second chance offer and not from eBay? I actually got 2 seperate emails regarding this auction and they each had different emails for me to contact them...which made me question it....

4. Go directly to your ebay and look in your messages. A real second chance offer will be in your ebay message area not just sent to your email.

5. I would also use the "contact the seller" button to ask if the e-mail was, indeed, from him or her.

6. excellent advice ladies.

7. Sounds phishy to me ...

Hope it turns out to be real for you, though!

8. Yeah, since this was not a private auction, scammers could easily contact you with a fake second chance offer. Did you check your ebay messages yet?

9. All sound advise ~ If it is legit it will be in your 'My Messages' ~ if you LOVE it go for it!

Linda Marie
    Never enough

10. Sorry for not replying sooner but I had to step away for awhile.

Unfortunately I received the Second Chance Offer last week and I was cleaning up my Inbox in my eBay account so I don't have it anymore. :sad: I only have the notifications in my email account.

But thanks for the suggestion!

11. I've just sent the seller a note and am waiting to hear back from them...thanks for the suggestion!

12. I hope everything would be clear soon.
    Oh! I think if it's the real second chance offer from the seller, go for it!...it looks beautiful IMO.

13. Ask for close-up pictures of the bales ... the pictures posted can't be enlarged but the bales look kind of square to me.

14. I never trust 2nd offers, even if it is in my Ebay account. Makes me wonder why the first person passed it up.

The first REAL 2nd offer I got I almost jumped on it, but dug around a little more and realised it was a really good fake :wtf:

15. Hmmm........I'm think this is a little fishy. Firstly, the bales look square to me - perhaps it's the angle, but if you are interested please ask for a better picture.

Also, I agree with you in regards to the reserve not being met at $815 and the number of bidders - seems strange. Perhaps I'm too cynical but def. ask the seller is the offer is legit and ask for better pictures if you're interested.

Good luck.