Seattle snow day, girls check in with your pics!

it is hella cold here right now.. there are snow on our backyard.... sheezee.. and the heater is turned on almost the whole day... and I use to be from pullman, go figure.. lol lol

Sorry the pics are so little....took these early this morning....:smile:

My backyard
DSCN0481.jpg

Down my street
DSCN0476.jpg

It is weird, we got about 1/2 inch of snow at my house overnight, but my work in downtown portland got nothing, and they are only about 10 miles from eachother!

It's super cold outside too, and the wind just makes it soooo much worse.

This was from the first snow, but it's pretty much the same. It's colder this time around though. The temp in Bellingham is supposed to be THREE degrees with the windchill factor! That's unheard of. I've never seen oodles of cars being abandoned on the freeway before like I have this season.

112-1276_IMG.jpg

Let it snow!! Wow, what a gorgeous, clear and cold day. My commute home took 2 hours instead of 20 minutes the night the snow hit, but at least we're all home safe.

Snapped these today during a telecommuting break :graucho: ...this is the north Juanita/Finn Hill area...views off the front and back decks of my townhouse.

Attachments

• Back deck looking to the West 1-11-2007 (2).jpg
    Back deck looking to the West 1-11-2007 (2).jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Front deck view 1-11-2007 (2).jpg
    Front deck view 1-11-2007 (2).jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 49
The snow around my house is so beautiful but it doesn't take away the pain of my two hour commute home to Mercer Island yesterday and I had to abandon my car at the bottom of the hill! It was a sorry sight. I will try to take some pics tomorrow of the "good" side of the snow.

ugh, that ice storm was horrible. Stuck in traffic for 7 HOURS for a normal 30-45 minute commute. We got about 6.5-7 inches of snow as we live in the highlands and the roads are still all iced over with lots of abandoned cars. I swear the weather gods are totally mad at Seattle this year.