Searching for Tokidoki Collectors in the Midwest

annie b - i know for sure that the macys on state street has current tokidoki (just not spiaggia yet). i don't believe north michigan avenue macys carries them. if you go to chicago, i'd stop at macys, and then bloomingdales on north michigan has them (not too much) and the fornarina sneakers. also, i thought i read somewhere that a.okay official carries tokidoki as well. not positive on that. and of course, make a stop at rotofugi! :P
Well, I may make it back to Chitown someday...but with little ones it may be awhile! My nephew just moved there last fall and is going to med school at Rush...and he has a really sweet girlfriend who's moving there too this summer...so I'm thinking I may have them hunt for my tokis! They'd probably get a kick out of it! Have them hunt, and put on hold, email me and I'll call and charge/send it? Do you know how far it is from Rush college to state street? I don't think its far....he lives right across from the school.

boy, annie b, i'm no help when it comes to directions for downtown chicago! in my desire for tokis, i just drove directly to macy's on state street from pleasant prairie, wi and didn't really have time to enjoy the area. next time i go, i'll probably make a day of it with the family and take the train.

Wow! I figured you were a city regular! I would be if I had that kind of shopping anywhere close! As soon as my boys are older, we'll def. be taking a trip! My husband is from Long Island, NY and travelled all over the world as a kid but has never been to Chicago!!! Can you believe that? I love that city! I keep telling him he needs to see it...he complains that its too cold! My parents met and married in Chicago. Wisconsin is very beautiful too! Got lots of relatives there!

around March 30th I was at the North Michigan Avenue Macy's and the three associates said they hadn't had them in month's and were unsure if they were getting anymore.

annie b - i know for sure that the macys on state street has current tokidoki (just not spiaggia yet). i don't believe north michigan avenue macys carries them. if you go to chicago, i'd stop at macys, and then bloomingdales on north michigan has them (not too much) and the fornarina sneakers. also, i thought i read somewhere that a.okay official carries tokidoki as well. not positive on that. and of course, make a stop at rotofugi! :P

oh, annie, i do all my shopping in illinois because it's waaaay better than what i have around here, but i don't make it into downtown alot. i save that for the summer. it's easier to take the train and make a whole day of it.

although, like i said, i have been known to make a mad dash straight to the downtown macys just for tokidoki!!!! i think this summer we'll be making more trips than normal. my girls now love to shop, love tokidoki, and they absolutely love going to rotofugi. i see many shopping trips in our future. :yes: :yes: :yes:

your husband does need to see chicago. he's right about the cold, so you'll just have to make it a summer trip!

But mostly you just have to be an aggressive online shopper, which I am. Good luck though. And if anyone ever finds stores in Ohio which carry Tokidoki please let me know!

I'm from Ohio also! I think Metropark in Beachwood, OH sells a few bags, but they're typically at retail. My cousin bought me a tokidoki t-shirt there once.

I :heart: sales so I typically buy from the outlets or at pulsestl.com where I can get a % off or at least free shipping and no tax. If you want a certain print placement try to find a picture of it on ebay and send via email to the online/outlet store. I find it easier to just send a picture of what I want rather than trying to describe every character over the phone. :yes:

I'm from Ohio also! I think Metropark in Beachwood, OH sells a few bags, but they're typically at retail. My cousin bought me a tokidoki t-shirt there once.

Me too! I'll have to check out Metropark when I get a chance.

I've amassed my Tokidoki collection online, through LeSportsac, the outlet, JapanLA (the perfect Adios Star zucca!) and eBay. I've been fortunate with the random print placements from LeSportsac.

Saranomaly - are coming to Chicago for business or pleasure? If you go to rotofugi will you post here to tell us what they have? I might convince my husband to take me on a little trip for my Mother's Day gift. I live in the suburbs.

TIA