Scrunched boots?

1. I recently bought a pair of black suede scrunched boots from the NM sale. I received them yesterday and I can't decide if I like them. I guess my main concern is are scrunched boots still fashionable? I really love knee-high boots so this was my first venture into shorter ones. I got them very cheap, <$50, so I don't know if I should just hold on to them or return them and use the money towards others? Any opinions appreciated!

2. I still have a couple pair of my scrunched boots from last year and i'm still going to wear them. I think they look really good over skinny jeans. You only paid<$50 for them you can't go wrong. But if you really don't like them you should take them back otherwise it's just going to be another unworn pair of shoes in your closet.

3. I love boots, and it took me a while to warm up to scrunch boots. I thought it looked too young, but as the trend continued, the scrunch boots just got better. You just have to find the right ones for your style. Take into consideration cut, material and drape. Some look great with jeans, some look dressier. If you try the boots on with the outfits you intend to wear, they shouldn't make you scratch your head, going, "What's off about this ensemble?" As long as you feel good in your new boots, keep them. And at $50, who cares if they only last a season?