Scratches on my leather bag....how to fix it?

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
I just notice that there is a scratch on my Dior leather bag. :crybaby: :crybaby: It looks like it's from a fingernail (about 2 inches long) I don't even have long fingernails..:confused1: How can I fix it & make it less visible? Will any brand of leather moisturizer works?

A lot of times when I get a scratch on a bag, and when it is of good leather like Dior, etc, rub your finger deep into the scratch over and over again and usually the leather repairs itself. No nails, just the pad of your finger and some pressure over and over again. Its kind of like burnising something.

Usually, that's how I can tell if a bag is made of the type of leather that I would want to own. If I can rub out a scratch, where the leather starts to look like itself again, then I know it is a good quality leather for me.

Great ideas ladies.. I had the same question as I purchased a bag WAY discounted with a slight scratch, but was afraid to try anything until I could ask the question!
Thanks for posting Happy Angel":flowers:

A lot of times when I get a scratch on a bag, and when it is of good leather like Dior, etc, rub your finger deep into the scratch over and over again and usually the leather repairs itself. No nails, just the pad of your finger and some pressure over and over again. Its kind of like burnising something.

Usually, that's how I can tell if a bag is made of the type of leather that I would want to own. If I can rub out a scratch, where the leather starts to look like itself again, then I know it is a good quality leather for me.
I just tried this and I can't believe it worked!!! I have a beautiful MK Miranda tote bag in mint condition (outside of a small scratch). I just read this and figured it can't hurt to try...... Well, I rubbed with my thumb over and over and the scratch is just about GONE! Thank you Gratytude! I'm so happy this worked!