SCP Trunk show report...

So I was at SCP yesterday and got a look at the bags for fall. Jenn already gave a great review. I just want to add that they have some beautiful shoes coming out for fall. I fell in love with a pair of dark silver/pewter patent hidden platform pumps. They were available in both peep toe and covered toe.

I also played around with the dark grey lady brady and I definitely think this is the bag I will be getting for fall. Retail was $2,695.

Mon: The grey lady braid is gorgeous isn't it? :heart: I saw it and had my SA put me on the list immediately. What did you think of the black metallic?

Jenn, I thought it was beautiful:heart: but it wasn't significantly more beautiful than the 2005 black reissue that I already have and it would have to be in order for me to sell my 2005 black reissue. I can't wait for the dark grey lady braid though.:wlae:

Hi Jenn! :smile: Hmm... well I have tons of flaps actually (my favorite style!), and I would probably get the patent medium classic flap and the 226 reissue, so that's why I was wondering about the similarity in size and style (in the sense of when I might use both and for what).

My SA put me down for the metallic black in 226 and 227 (so that I can decide haha), and also for the black patent flap in both the medium and jumbo (so I can try both on)! :nuts: I think for me, since I already have a black caviar jumbo (my mom surprised me and got one with the new chain for me when she replaced the faulty green perfo!), and I wouldn't use the patent any differently than it, I'd probably get the medium patent classic to take out to dinners etc. (which I might not do as much with a patent jumbo). :smile: Also for some reason, I don't know if the 227 reissue would look that great on me (though I like the carefree look of the caviar jumbo flap and the fact that it's oversized)... and I absolutely LOVE the 226 size, so that's why I'm leaning towards that... and for some reason, when I think metallic black reissue, I think the smaller size might be best! :heart: You're getting some stunningly gorgeous bags... I can't wait until they all arrive to see your fabulous pics!! :smile:

Minal: The black metallic and the patent jumbo are two very different bags. The only reason I got the 226 is because I need smaller bags in my collection. I would have chosen the 227 if I had alot of classic flaps and e/w bags, but I don't. I think you will be fine w/the 227 because they are so different, but it really depends on what you have in your collection. :smile:

clk55girl,

Hi, i had pre-ordered the metallic black 227 from my SA, and do u think it is really a MUST-HAVE bag for this Fall? I am thinking the Bubble Quilt as well, which one should I get or should I get BOTH? :P of course i need to save more $ to buy both bags! :wtf:

Minal I was thinking the same way about the two black bags.I think too metallics are better in small size-I've got a 225 light silver-but no 225s coming out this season!:cursing:ON the other hand I think the crackled patent jumbo will be too much and I'm thinking of getting it in medium as an evening bag too!I wonder though if crackled patent will look formal enough for an eve bag!
So,I think our options are:1.A med crackled patent and
a 227 blk metallic or 2. a jumbo crackled patent and a
226 for more formal/evening,right?:wondering
Will you please start a thread on this when you get to see them?I can't possibly have the chance to see all four sizes together -they bring limited numbers here and
I usually have to order and buy the bag!Thanks so much indeed!:girlsigh:

clk55girl,

Hi, i had pre-ordered the metallic black 227 from my SA, and do u think it is really a MUST-HAVE bag for this Fall? I am thinking the Bubble Quilt as well, which one should I get or should I get BOTH? :P of course i need to save more $ to buy both bags! :wtf:

After getting more comments from PF, i won't get the Bubble Quilt! Will stick to the metallic black 227! :tup:

Kristi: I have no doubt that you will cave like I did, we are like 2 peas in a pod! The lady braid *will*be the one to break you. I didn't see the expandable flap w/the zippered opening, but from looking at the pics posted from the other trunk shows it looks like it would be a hassle to get in and out of. I did decide on the N/S MC tote, the bag had me from across the room.

Helena: I remember seeing the crackled patent flaps in the reserve book for my boutique. You should call the chanel 800 # 800 550 0005 and ask them if they can locate A01112 Y04339 for the classic flap and A28600 Y04339 for the jumbo.

GG: The lambskin and the metallic are 2 totally different bags. I think you're justified in owning both!:P

Minal: I think you should get the 226 black metallic reissue and the jumbo flap. There's a significant size difference between the 2 bags. LMK what you decide!

chanelfans: Good decision! The bubble quilt bag is interesting, but IMO the black metallic reissue puts it to shame.

Helena: I remember seeing the crackled patent flaps in the reserve book for my boutique. You should call the chanel 800 # 800 550 0005 and ask them if they can locate A01112 Y04339 for the classic flap and A28600 Y04339 for the jumbo.

Thanks for the info Jenn, I am interested in the medium patent flap. I buy from Chanel boutique in SCP too, I'll give them a call now.

I have been thinking about the reissues, I personally prefer the non-metallic ones; it's too bad that they aren't coming back, I really want one in black. I love the lady braid bowler, I wonder how it will look in other colors; I am thinking about it... =)

Hi. :smile: Yeah... I'm down for the 226 and 227, but I prefer the way the 226 looks on me, I don't know why... maybe it's because I feel like caviar jumbo's are more casual, whereas the reissue is a bit more dressy, so the 227 size in the metallic black may not work for me (but I could change my mind when I try it on). :confused1: Then again, if I were to purchase the 226 metallic black, as well as a the medium classic black patent jumbo, they might be too similar in that they would serve basically the same purpose... but I don't want to get the 227 if I like the 226 better solely for that reason either. Ahh well... I have a bunch of classic flaps though, so the same could be said about any of them haha! :smile: I'll definitely start a thread when I check them out... and if I don't remember to, PM me. :smile:

Minal I was thinking the same way about the two black bags.I think too metallics are better in small size-I've got a 225 light silver-but no 225s coming out this season!:cursing:ON the other hand I think the crackled patent jumbo will be too much and I'm thinking of getting it in medium as an evening bag too!I wonder though if crackled patent will look formal enough for an eve bag!
So,I think our options are:1.A med crackled patent and
a 227 blk metallic or 2. a jumbo crackled patent and a
226 for more formal/evening,right?:wondering
Will you please start a thread on this when you get to see them?I can't possibly have the chance to see all four sizes together -they bring limited numbers here and
I usually have to order and buy the bag!Thanks so much indeed!:girlsigh:

Hey Jenn, thanks for the reports!!! I'm kind of confused about the reissues -- do you know if there will be one in dark silver? If so, is it pretty much the same as the cruise 2007 one?