scarves: vintage or reissue?

1. i was surfing eBay the other day and realized that unless there's a particular colorway i'm after, i prefer original issue scarves over re-issues. i'm not sure why, since the older ones usually cost less and are not in as good condition. :confused1:

so now that i've come to this realization i'm curious whether anyone else has thought about this.

2. ITA!!! I'm probably wrong, but I think that from a collectors' point of view, a first issue has more value than a reissue. To me personally, the idea of having a vintage scarf, is more appealing than a newer one! Of course, what you say about the colorway goes for me aswell.....

3. From experience with other areas of decorative arts and antiques, original issues are generally what more advanced collectors prefer.

I want whatever I can get, personally. I'm soooo NOT picky that I'm sad for myself, sometimes.

4. That made me laugh out loud!!!:roflmfao:
    I'm more concerned with condition than I am a true collector. I'm not sure it would matter to me if it were vintage or not but I would want it to be in immaculate condition...

5. I'm right with you on this one, DQ. I have quite a few vintage scarves and these are the ones I would never part with.....the hand is softer, the colors more interesting and the art more whimsical and charming in most cases. There's lots to love about the vintage babies................

6. ITA...

I actually enjoy cleaning them up and giving them a new lease on life...

If its something I really want, I may buy the reissue and keep looking for the OE....esp if the reissue can be had as a bargain.

7. DQ,

Some of the vintage scarves are just more interesting.....from a design standpoint. I rarely get reissues, because the designs they reissue rarely appeal to me.