scarves released in 1957?

1. in good time, as usual :push: i've decided that it would be nice to give one of my relatives who is turning 50 an hermès scarf released during the year of her birth. naturally, the party is next friday so there is some urgency to the matter but i'm sure some super express shipping could be sorted out somehow, depending on where it's coming from. so my question is, does anyone know what scarves were released in 1957, and if you know where to find one (preferably not a re-issued one but it would work as a last resort) i'll be your best friend forever :flowers: :beggingsmiley:

2. Here's some:

ABAISSER UN PONT-LEVIS (Drawbridge) EDOUARD RENAUD 1957XXXXX BECANESHUGO GRYGKAR1957 1973
    BOIS DE BOULOGNEHUGO GRYGKAR 1957 B
    RIDES DE GALA HUGO GRYGKAR 1957 Original issue without copyright symbol. All subsequent issues with copyright symbol. Also issued in pochette2001, 2006
    CHAMOIS XAVIER DE PORET 1957
    MARINE EN BOIS HUGO GRYGKAR 1957
    POSTE AUX LETTRES HUGO GRYGKAR 1957 S
    URETE CELERITE POSTE AUX LETTRES HUGO GRYGKAR 1957

3. thank you so much! i'll go hunting for those ;)

4. Linky
    (hope it works)

If you get completely stuck then there's a Brides De Gala on UK Hermes.com

5. ^^Thanks for the linky, Loony.:p

6. i was just there :lol: their search by year doesn't seem to work, the only way i got to 1957 was by sorting by year and clicking my way there :cursing:

not sure how i'd get it here from the uk by next friday though :confused1:

oooh i suppose i could have one sent over from the copenhagen shop if all else fails (and if they have them of course)..

7. I wish you luck for the hunt sweetie!

8. Wow, was Hugo Grygkar the only designer available in 1957?

You should get your friend a Brides de Gala - it's the quintessentially classic Hermes scarf and truly timeless!

9. I have a Croiseur jeanne d'Arc from 1957 (wrote to hermes for info and...yes it is by Grygkar)
    I see it every now and then on eBay, but i agree with HG that a bride de gala is the perfect H scarf, the most reissued also!

10. thank you so much everyone, i got a brides de gala on eBay and since it's only coming from germany and with ups it should be in helsinki on time :yes:

11. ^Great choice!

12. Lovely gift!!! I am sure she will love it.

13. Perfect choice! Such a grail scarf!

14. thanks everyone, i hope so :biggrin: i get to give it to her next friday!

15. Brides de Gala is just so quintessentially Hermes.