Scarf of the Day (Themes on page 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Silkies!
I am rather sad I practically missed the KO Week! His designs are one of the main reasons that made me a H Scarf addict... There is so much to share, but we still have time!
Speaking of with, Thank You Chestnutty for the new List!!! I haven't read it trough, but I could not help noticing we have "Critter Corner" in March and then again in May!?

Now back to KO... last Year I posted this picture of me wearing a VS 70 "Pani la Shar" ....
The second picture is of this VS 70 AND a twill 90... I find it very interesting that the colors are practically the same! Since I haven't seen this repetition in any other design so far, I thought you might find it interesting as well...
silky hugs!
P.
Great pics, Pegase! And moreover, you fill the week's theme! Congrats!:tup:

Good morning, Jahna, and thank you for your pics and your scarf mistress job! :flowers:Superb birds, you have there! And great intel about color scale, too!
I can see through your post that I missed seton's Madison Avenue. Going to go back straight on!
Hope you're now recovering! Take care!

Thanks Anfang! I am not feeling jaundiced :lol: (I love wordplay!) at all today.

Speaking of with, Thank You Chestnutty for the new List!!! I haven't read it trough, but I could not help noticing we have "Critter Corner" in March and then again in May!?
Hola Pegase!
We actually opened a new thread as the old one has reached capacity (>10k posts) and had to close, not because we exhausted the weekly themes yet. The first three themes are actually from the prior "scarf fiscal year" (i.e. year with Jahna as our Scarf Mistress), or existing themes carried over to this new thread. This Animal scarves theme is a popular theme so it's listed for the the previous "year" and also this upcoming "year", which will start soon. Talking of which, we have two Scarf Mistress volunteer positions if you are interested :graucho:.

paula24jen - What a lovely feminine look with your chiffon scarf wrapped in gray pearls. I hope that your day was as nice as you'd hoped!

Anfang - Please pull that Ameriques scarf out of the box, I bet it would look quite nice tied with another 90 as sparkelisab does, or wrapped up around your neck. ;)
What a striking Pavois, a happy sunbeam indeed!! :biggrin:

Melora24 - Very pretty colorway of Mythologies, perfect with the lighter color scarf ring and your red sweater. :smile:

seton - Super Mad Ave. 10th! The black border is very elegant. :woohoo: Glad that I have the Ameriques again too and agree with you about wearing it long and droopy - that way we don't have to pick a favorite corner to showcase and can show as much of the scarf as possible. There's a lot going on in that design!

slongson - Wonderful pictures, thanks so much for posting! Love the subtle colors and intricate detail of your Aloha pareo. :biggrin:

Many thanks, Chestnutty, for the new thread, the new title and the new theme weeks. We're all set to go!

jp_536 - Hi Camails twin! Fun colors for this Spring, only wish we could see more of them, sooner. :graucho: Please feel free to post your KO scarf if you have the time? Which one do you have?

D Lee - Beautiful, opulent colors on your Mars silk scarf, and there's even a contrast hem. Very nice!!

Pegase - That is interesting, that the 70 and 90 Pawnee colorways are so close. They almost look identical. Which is very nice as this colorway looks so handsome on you. :smile:

Jahna - So sorry that you've been sick. Glad to see that you have this gorgeous Tropiques to wrap up in though. Trying to remember, are the outer borders yellow? I've only seen this once on ebay, very similar colors to the turquoise Beloved India? Well done! :woohoo:

Slowly finishing up some favorite Kermit Oliver designs. His new one, La Vie Sauvage du Texas/Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation/New Texas does have some yellow in it too. ;)

Attachments

• DSCN1299[1].jpg
    DSCN1299[1].jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,271
  • ntexas 2.jpg
    ntexas 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,260
  • ntexas.jpg
    ntexas.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,271
One more design from Mr. Oliver, Les Deanses des Indiens cashmere GM. Also with a bit of yellow, which is probably all you'll ever get from me. :biggrin:

Attachments

• danses 2.jpg
    danses 2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,251
  • danses 3.jpg
    danses 3.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,247
beekmanhill said:
OT also. Bought this raincoat a couple of weeks ago:
http://talbots.scene7.com/is/image/T...1031007?$zoom$

It is an incredibly flattering coat, though it may not seem so in the pic. I'm 5'10" and it suits me even though I'm not Niki Taylor. Question: what type/color scarf can I wear with this? I look at my patterns and I look at stripes in the coat and I can't see the possibilities.

Beekmanhill - How about matching that navy coat with scarves in fuchsia/magenta? That's my favorite combo!

Attachments

• IMG_8625.JPG
    IMG_8625.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,209
  • IMG_8624.JPG
    IMG_8624.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,206
slongson - Lovely Aloha pareo! I love the colorway, so cool and breezy!

Ms Piggy - I think the prune Point d'Orgue is a gorgeous scarf! I recall Sophieg is a twin with you too! Very classic and elegant colorway!

Lanit - Thanks for sharing the cool photos!!!

NestGirl - The yellow colorway of Bateaux is so warm! Where's your twin? Sparklelisab you need to get out of your lurkdom!

Hello everybody, Finally I'm home as well as my internet provider:smile:
Here are my KO pics that I promised to show yesterday. It looks like Spring has finally come to London and the weather is so good we've spent all weekend outside.
Well back to my pics. Yesterday I took my only KO (Les Ameriques) for a walk and while my kids enjoyed a sandpit I've been playing with my scarf;)
3cf5d39f-7ab3-4a37-ae6e-53918ee5aeae.jpg

By the way, there's plenty of yellow in this particular scarf, so it fits both themes;)
7a492ddb-8ad6-4770-8334-0c3257da76ac.jpg

c99ae332-1966-4962-a9f3-7d0db6fa4c85.jpg

fe2d14d0-5e76-40e2-8645-33d04a7fd761.jpg

eefb9ace-af6d-439b-92bd-8546be2efc57.jpg

Last edited:
Digging my archives are here are my favourite yellow goodies
Ex Libris en Kimonos

a favorite paisley pochette from Brooks Brothers

Jardin d'Armenie stole

I have photos of my orange/yellow Astrologie Nouvelle pics somewhere but I couldn't find. Will post later.

Ex Libris en Kimonos

Jardin d'Armenie stole

I have photos of my orange/yellow Astrologie Nouvelle pics somewhere but I couldn't find. Will post later.

Gorgeous collection of yellows;) Love them all. Even kimonos whish I always thought was strange:lol:

Here's a great website for color info and names:

http://www.pourpre.com/

...and a screengrab from it on yellow:

Another great source for color:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors

Thanks Anfang! I am not feeling jaundiced (I love wordplay!) at all today.
I too love wordplay to death, Jahna! Let's have fun! Even if I can't trust my broken english... ;)

paula24jen - What a lovely feminine look with your chiffon scarf wrapped in gray pearls. I hope that your day was as nice as you'd hoped!

Anfang - Please pull that Ameriques scarf out of the box, I bet it would look quite nice tied with another 90 as sparkelisab does, or wrapped up around your neck.
What a striking Pavois, a happy sunbeam indeed!!

Melora24 - Very pretty colorway of Mythologies, perfect with the lighter color scarf ring and your red sweater.

seton - Super Mad Ave. 10th! The black border is very elegant. Glad that I have the Ameriques again too and agree with you about wearing it long and droopy - that way we don't have to pick a favorite corner to showcase and can show as much of the scarf as possible. There's a lot going on in that design!

slongson - Wonderful pictures, thanks so much for posting! Love the subtle colors and intricate detail of your Aloha pareo.

Many thanks, Chestnutty, for the new thread, the new title and the new theme weeks. We're all set to go!

jp_536 - Hi Camails twin! Fun colors for this Spring, only wish we could see more of them, sooner. Please feel free to post your KO scarf if you have the time? Which one do you have?

D Lee - Beautiful, opulent colors on your Mars silk scarf, and there's even a contrast hem. Very nice!!

Pegase - That is interesting, that the 70 and 90 Pawnee colorways are so close. They almost look identical. Which is very nice as this colorway looks so handsome on you.

Jahna - So sorry that you've been sick. Glad to see that you have this gorgeous Tropiques to wrap up in though. Trying to remember, are the outer borders yellow? I've only seen this once on ebay, very similar colors to the turquoise Beloved India? Well done! :woohoo:
I promise I shall, pierina! Mine never was a fav of me, but was bought in a charity, issued as a special edition for Paris American Hospital. Afraid I probably told that before...

Yellow Bateaux!
Awesome Bateaux, NestGirl !!!

Hello everybody, Finally I'm home as well as my internet provider:smile:
Here are my KO pics that I promised to show yesterday. It looks like Spring has finally come to London and the weather is so good we've spent all weekend outside.
Well back to my pics. Yesterday I took my only KO (Les Ameriques) for a walk and while my kids enjoyed a sandpit I've been playing with my scarf;)
3cf5d39f-7ab3-4a37-ae6e-53918ee5aeae.jpg

By the way, there's plenty of yellow in this particular scarf, so it fits both themes;)

c99ae332-1966-4962-a9f3-7d0db6fa4c85.jpg
You look terrific!

Ex Libris en Kimonos

Jardin d'Armenie stole

Aaaaaand Chestnutty my dear, you steal the show with these! Congrats!

I too love wordplay to death, Jahna! Let's have fun! Even if I can't trust my broken english... ;)

I promise I shall, pierina! Mine never was a fav of me, but was bought in a charity, issued as a special edition for Paris American Hospital. Afraid I probably told that before...

Awesome Bateaux, NestGirl !!!

You look terrific!

Aaaaaand Chestnutty my dear, you steal the show with these! Congrats!

Ohh thank you! I love the little monkey in the corner!

Everyone...you are making my day with all these beautiful sunnies! :sunshine: :sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

Status
Not open for further replies.