Chestnutty

Moja Angelika
O.G.
Oct 23, 2011
2014 - 2015 Weekly Scarf Themes​

New theme starts every Sunday.

MARCH
03/16/14 - Celebrate Yellow! Hoping for Summer
03/23/14 - Critter Corner: Show us your favorite animal scarves or your favorite animal(s) featured on H scarves
03/30/14 - The Staples: Scarves that you wear the most often/workhorse scarves

APRIL
04/06/14 - Jewelry Scarves: Scarves featuring jewelry or in jewel tones
04/13/14 - Monochromatic Scarves
04/20/14 - In Motion: Scarves featuring people/animals in motion
04/27/14 - Ex Libris/Brides de Gala variations

MAY
05/04/14 - The Oldest Scarf You Own
05/11/14 - Pastel Scarves
05/18/14 - TOP 5 Most-worn Scarves
05/25/14 - Caty Latham

JUNE
06/01/14 - Perfect Canvas: Scarves with White or Black background
06/08/14 - Hunt Treasure: Scarves you found after a long search
06/15/14 - What's Your Desert Island Scarf? Just One!
06/22/14 - History Lessons: Scarves that pay homage to historic events or anniversaries
06/29/14 - Scarves about North and South America or in Red/Blue/White combination

JULY
07/06/14 - Purple scarves
07/13/14 - Scarves that Pay Hommage to H Motherland France & FSH flagship store
07/20/14 - Scarves featuring Other H Products (leather goods, RTW, carres, perfumes, saddles, etc.)
07/27/14 - Color Me Happy: Show us your brightest scarves

AUGUST
08/03/14 - Julie Abadie & d'Origny Scarves
08/10/14 - Cloud 9: Mousselines
08/17/14 - Rainy Day Scarves
08/24/14 - Green Scarves
08/31/14 - Botanical Scarves

SEPTEMBER
09/07/14 - Scarves featuring Birds
09/14/14 - Joachim Metz
09/21/14 - Double your Pleasure, Double your Fun: Two Scarves
09/28/14 - Objectify Me: Scarves that feature collections of objects

OCTOBER
10/05/14 - Pink scarves in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month
10/12/14 - Scarves featuring Hunting Scenes
10/19/14 - The Life Aquatic: Scarves featuring Water, Sea Life, or Nautical scarves
10/26/14 - Philippe Ledoux

NOVEMBER
11/02/14 - Scarves featuring Autumn or in Earthy Colors
11/09/14 - Scarf designs that you own in at least two colorways or in multiple formats
11/16/14 - Robert Dallet
11/23/14 - Scarves featuring Feather
11/30/14 - Tell Us How You Pick Your Scarves - Color vs. Design - The Chicken-and-egg Problem

DECEMBER
12/07/14 - Scarves featuring Butterflies
12/14/14 - Still Have the Blues for You
12/21/14 - Scarves with Contrast Hem or Ornate Borders
12/28/14 - KISS - Keep It Simple, Sweetie! Minimalist Designs

JANUARY
01/04/15 - Critter Corner: Show us your favorite animal scarves
01/11/15 - Neutral Scarves
01/18/15 - Christine Henry
01/25/15 - To-go Knots

FEBRUARY
02/01/15 - Extincted Species: Jacquard, Plisse, mousseline PM, and non-fringe cashmere PM
02/08/15 - Roses are Red
02/15/15 - Cultural Lessons: Scarves featuring certain country or culture
02/22/15 - Scarves featuring Theater Arts, Music, or Dance

MARCH
03/01/15 - Asymmetric Scarves
03/08/15 - Metallic scarves: Gold, Silver, Bronze
03/15/15 - Mythology Scarves
03/22/15 - Architecture: Scarves that feature Buildings, Bridges, Drafting details
03/29/15 - Toutsy

Have Fun Knotting! :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to post this in old thread but clearly it's closed... Ive been away from the thread all week and so many beautiful pics ladies and gents!

Pierina: Oooohhh pierina!!! That's the cw of folklore I want to go with that Brazil scarf ring too.. I don't have either yet!! But I love the light blue with the chartreuse together. We're twins on the Camails twilly bc I love the color combo so much!! :smile: woohoo

Ladybaga: love your aCdlV!! Definitely perfect for st pattys day. I might have to pull my green (w/ green border) aCdlV for st pattys :smile:

Chestnutty: love that moussie on you.. Great outfit.

Sorry I didn't have time to catch up on everything I missed. Love all the KOs!! I actually own a KO now but didn't get to post anything this week. Maybe I'll catch up next week :smile:

Chestnutty, thanks for getting us organized for the coming year!

I believe I actually have a yellow scarf so I can contribute this week! Looking forward to seeing everyone's contributions after being MIA for several weeks of work and travel.

Best to all!

Chestnutty, thx for the new SOTD thread! :smile: Can't believe I'm the first one to post a photo here. It's 16 Mar in my part of the world, so:

Attachments

• 20140315_003135-1.jpg
    20140315_003135-1.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 10,919
Last edited:
D Lee, running to follow you on the sunny side, as I've only been a lurker for KO. Here is my today's sunbeam, Pavois :

Attachments

• Pavois.jpg
    Pavois.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 10,778
Dear Silkies!
I am rather sad I practically missed the KO Week! His designs are one of the main reasons that made me a H Scarf addict... There is so much to share, but we still have time!
Speaking of with, Thank You Chestnutty for the new List!!! I haven't read it trough, but I could not help noticing we have "Critter Corner" in March and then again in May!?

Now back to KO... last Year I posted this picture of me wearing a VS 70 "Pani la Shar" ....
The second picture is of this VS 70 AND a twill 90... I find it very interesting that the colors are practically the same! Since I haven't seen this repetition in any other design so far, I thought you might find it interesting as well...
silky hugs!
P.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-03-16 um 12.30.54.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-03-16 um 12.30.54.png
    396.4 KB · Views: 11,110
  • IMG_7618.JPG
    IMG_7618.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 10,898
Pegase, great to see you with "Pani"; it kinda even fits with yellow week.

Seton, thanks for posting "Madison Avenue"; I had planned to take a picture of mine but have been too sick the last couple of days.

I am so glad peeps are all off and running with YELLOW week! It is the last 3 weeks of my "scarf mistress" job and I am really tardy in getting posts up; I was laid low with either food poisoning or the 24-hour flu, so I am tardy at getting started on this week.

I did post this before and will re-post it:

YELLOW

"There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence transform a yellow spot into the sun." -Pablo Picasso

"With a stop light, green means 'go' and yellow means 'slow down'. With a banana however, it is quite the opposite. Yellpw means 'go'-green means 'whoa-slow down' and red means 'where the heck did you get that banana?" - Mitch Hedberg

"Come unto these yellow sands.
And then take hands;
Courtisied when you have, and kiss'd
The wild waves whist. -William Shakespeare "The Tempest", Act 1 scene 2

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like the fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars… -Jack Kerouac "On the Road" 1957

"That time of year thou may'st in me behold.
When yellow leaves, or none, or few, do hang
Upon those boughs which shake against the cold.
Bare ruin'd choirs, where late the sweet birds sang. -William Shakespeare Sonnet LXXIII

"In forming a judgement, lay your hearts void of foretaken opinions; else, whatsoever is done or said, will be measured by a wrong rule; like them who have jaundice, to whom everything appears yellow." -Sir Philip Sidney

Here's a look at a couple of my yellow scarves:

L'Oiseaux des Champs et des bois (it has a cream background)

DSCN4748_zps4a98a05d.jpg

And a detail from the GM "Tropiques" that I wear ALL THE TIME:

DSCN4707_zpsef68e175.jpg

Here's a great website for color info and names:

http://www.pourpre.com/

...and a screengrab from it on yellow:

Yellow_zps3fff718d.jpg

Another great source for color:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors
Good morning, Jahna, and thank you for your pics and your scarf mistress job! :flowers:Superb birds, you have there! And great intel about color scale, too!
I can see through your post that I missed seton's Madison Avenue. Going to go back straight on!
Hope you're now recovering! Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.