Scared to use Ebay?

1. After reading the threads of how you guys sell/buy on's giving me the eBay itch. I have a few bags that I don't use at all but I am reluctant to sell on eBay with all these scam artists hanging around and I am not Ebay savvy.:sad: Is it worth the trouble and headache?
  2. Post them to the marketplace here first. You may not have to go through eBay at all.
  3. I'm in the category of wouldn't bother to sell if the item was valued under $100. It just isn't worth the time and bother to me when I try and juggle work and auction watching, shipping, answering questions etc. I don't worry so much about the scam artists when selling- that's more of a buyers problem. It can be a good way to make some extra money towards a new purse, that's the plus side.;)
  4. i've recently started sellin my unused/unwanted bags on ebay....

I don't really consider it a hassle... I love ebay
  5. I'm a little scared of ebay, too. I found a few online consignment shops. For me, it's just easier to send them the bags, let them sell and send the money to me.
  6. If you are hesistant, I would recommend using the marketplace on the forum. I haven't had too many frustrating experiences on eBay. I think the bad seeds are kind of a dime-a-dozen, and for the most part, people are really great. Good luck!
  7. i'm also really scared of ebay. and since most of the bags i wanna sell are my mom's she wouldn't let me do it through the internet... i have a pink vernis biscayne pm, a yellow epi from the mid 90's and some gucci purses that we've really grown out of... it's a shame because all of these could grant us a couple of great new bags... but my mom's the boss, so... :smile:
  8. So what are you doing to do w/ all of them then? It would be a shame to let all those bags just sit there when you could be making a little xtra $$. Whenever I tire of my bags or "grow out" of them, I always sell them on Ebay and it's great b/c that just feeds my funds for a new bag! :p
  9. Well, don't be afraid. I've sold a few on e-bay. Just post lots of pictures! Also, try the marketplace. I know there's been a bunch of cross-selling on the forum!
  10. im still a little worried about using eBay... as i had something go wrong with my account - someone was bidding with my eBay name etc... but i think once i figure out the good eBayers etc.... i'll be ok...

good luck with selling your bags - i guess all you can do is set down some really firm sale guide lines eg/ if you have less than 10 feedbacks - do not bid - no refunds etc....
  11. i'm afraid of using a credit card...esp since i don't have one in my own name... but i could consider trading with someone trusted from the forum.
  12. I thought that one of the rules of the Marketplace were that you could only post things there that you had an auction going on elsewhere for??

I have also been wondering about the best way to sell unwanted bags. I have several that I have never used or used only once or twice that just sit in my closet. They aren't ultra high-end but they are decent brands...D & B, Francesco Biasia, Brahmin, etc. I am very leery of Ebay and don't have a lot of time to list, etc. Heck, I don't even own a camera at the moment! I took a Coach to a local consignment shop and was shocked when I only received $20.00 for it! It was virtually unused! If I'd had any indication that was all I would get (they won't tell you what they plan to price it at), I would have simply given it away to someone!
  13. I've sold LV on ebay and have done well, But, from now on, I'm going to use the marketplace here first! :smile:
  14. leah, what a scandal! they ripped you off. i say, why don't we all create a second hand e-shop? with all the amazing bags going on around here we could be a huge success... imagine the headline on bussinessweek: purse maniacs become billionaires! LOL
  15. I'm glad there are people that bought my numerous used LV items throughout the past couple of years on Ebay. Most of the items I auctioned off were great deals b/c they bought them for almost 1/2 price of retail and had been worn less than 10 times for the most part.
    However, I have yet to buy myself. My husband always buy gadgets and computer stuff from eBay, but after I was burned on my 1st and last experience of receiving a FAKE LV and losing $400 right there, I have a hard time trusting Ebay. In addition, unless the used item is 50% off retail price, I'd rather spend the extra money to buy myself a new one. In most cases, there aren't such deals, so I end up buying a new one via Elux or at boutiques.