Saying goodbye to my doggie Roscoe

I feel your pain. You gave Roscoe love, which he gave back to you and the memories and love can never be taken away. I had 5 dogs since I was 23. My first dog a beagle died at the vets due to stomach ulcers/problems and it broke my heart-he was my first dog ever. Then I got 2 dobermans from the same people I bought my beagle from (distant neighbors) and they were sick from day one but the first vet said they were OK. They were about 1 1/2 years old and had to be put to sleep. The 8th vet we took them too cried when she told us this, they literally had no fur and bumps all over (mange). I also had another beagle during this time who lived to 11 and then got ill and had to be put to sleep. It still broke my heart and felt like I was reliving the pain of all of them all over. My last dog a stray Rotweiller was so cool but started to growl when I had my son so we found him a new home at a horse farm with no kids and he lead a happy life. I think the unconditional love a animal gives you touches you life in so many ways. I can remember and laugh at so many things my dogs did. I look at old pictures and remember things like them swimming in the pool, the two beagles loved to chase rabbits on our 5 acres and the one always was getting bit by pygmy rattlesnakes (UGH).....the other liked to go to the neighbors land and roll in dry horse poop mixed with hay so I would be giving her a bath at 3 am.....
Remember the good times because they will always be with you.
I am sorry for your loss and understand. Please know you are not alone.'
HUGS.

I am SO sorry to hear about your puppy!!!! *********HUG*********

My family had to put one of our dogs to sleep, too. She was very sick and was suffering a great deal. I was HEARTBROKEN!!! But there wasn't much we could do to save her. The best thing was to let her go.

I know how sad it is to lose a pet but stay strong! Roscoe had a lovely life with you!

I totally feel your sadness.. I remember when my dog died in an accident, I can't sleep because I's crying the whole night...I really hope that you can get through this & go on with your life...