Saw the Massai, fell in love - to get or not to get?

I know you, you'll get one eventually. May I suggest black evercalf for you. Very much like box and much, much lighter than clemence.

I too still have the massai in my thoughts lately and I was just thinking of something dark :P Like chocolate clemence or Havanne or Ebene. :yes:
I didn't realize it comes in evercalf. Thanks, HG!

YES.

I can't stop thinking about that gorgeous bag. The leather, the way the white top stitching contrasts with the color of the bag, how the PH looks so chic with the color of the bag - sigh! :girlsigh:

I can finagle it, financially - but that means NO more bags for months. Which I can do, seeing as how it doesn't get any better than Hermes :graucho: I'll have to limit myself to pochettes and bracelets.

I am going to take HG's suggestion, call my SA and stop by on Thursday to look at it again. But I think I know my decision :shame:

I tried on an etoupe and I was pleasantly surprised that it moulds itself to me. I wouldn't thought it would fit that wel. I held back on etoupe becos the color is rather light but have been going back and forth on this.

Good'luck and keep us posted on the outcome. :flowers:

You should definitely get the Massai if you have that strong of a reaction to it! It is a gorgeous bag and will be with you forever. As a newbie to Hermes I can relate to your hesitation about making such an expensive purchase, but if this is the purse that makes your heart sing then you should get it. I have yet to try one on, but I hope that the Massai suits me as well. It is such a chic and practical bag!

Good luck!!

I only wish I could be that chic! She looked beautiful and so put together no matter where she was photographed at.

Can't say I'll ever own a camel hair coat (Floridian here!), but I can imagine myself wearing this bag with my wardrobe. It has a young, funky, urban feel to it, but super sophisticated at the same time!

Imagine yourself with, say a camel hair coat, high heeled boots, hair pulled back in a sleek chignon or ponytail, a la CBK. In my next life I am coming back as chic as CBK. Post #6 please: http://forum.purseblog.com/990188-post6.html

Christina-I bought one a month or so ago in Ebene Clemence-it's really, a great, comfortable bag. I try not to think about the price! I find it light and smooshy-it looks great with jeans and a white shirt-I dress it up some days with a scarf on the handle. I can't wear it across the body, even with the long strap, but both straps are versatile. I thonk it's an atyipical H bag, but I had the very same visceral response you did when you first saw it. I rec. this bag!

Get it. That is all.

:lol: Yes, ma'am! ;)

First thing I thought of today when I woke up? Other than "NO WORK TODAY!!!!" - was the Massai :graucho:

lizavet - Congrats on your Massai! I bet it's beautiful in ebene clemence. I also tried it on with the longer strap, both on the shoulder and cross-body. I liked the look of the shorter strap more, it seems to make the bag mold to my body more and it's much more comfortable for me. Good to know that others have had the same reaction ----> :drool: after seeing it in person! Enjoy your bag!

Still on the "I'm getting it" side :graucho: