Saving for your first Hermes Kelly/Birkin/bag

Haute Couturess

Black CDC Kelly pls!
O.G.
Feb 26, 2007
With more than a few new members looking for advice on what to buy for their first Hermes bag and whether or not to take the plunge, maybe this is a good time to
recall how we scrimp on other stuff to save for our Hermes? I think it's been done before but i couldn't find the thread to bump it, sorry.

We all do it. Let's let them in on it! I'll start.

I use my cell instead of a landline.
I clip coupons for groceries.
I get free extra napkins from McDonalds to keep in my car on trips for emergencies.
I buy my designer duds at the end of the season when they are 50% off.
I sell stuff i don't use anymore on Ebay.
I eat at home 99% of the time. This way i eat what i want for 75% less money.

What do you do? How would you save for an Hermes bag if you didn't have one yet?

^^ good for you Jag! That is super, out with the old and in with the new! I may have to do that soon if i want to take the BIG leap i've been talking about, but i am gathering my courage! :sweatdrop:

i only buy things that i absolutely LOVE. i'd rather have a few nice things, rather than many so-so things. i hate clutter so i don't really buy a lot of things like makeup, clothes, things for house, etc...and luckily and surprisingly, i don't go crazy over shoes. also, i'm not into expensive dinners.

so, that leaves handbags (now only hermes) and a few jewelry items that i treasure.

Reactions: goodlolita
With more than a few new members looking for advice on what to buy for their first Hermes bag and whether or not to take the plunge, maybe this is a good time to
recall how we scrimp on other stuff to save for our Hermes? I think it's been done before but i couldn't find the thread to bump it, sorry.

We all do it. Let's let them in on it! I'll start.

I use my cell instead of a landline.
I clip coupons for groceries.
I get free extra napkins from McDonalds to keep in my car on trips for emergencies.
I buy my designer duds at the end of the season when they are 50% off.
I sell stuff i don't use anymore on Ebay.
I eat at home 99% of the time. This way i eat what i want for 75% less money.

What do you do? How would you save for an Hermes bag if you didn't have one yet?

HC: LOL!!!

1. Only buy designer items when they are on sale.
2. Sell on eBay.
3. Cut down shopping on clothes & shoes.

i read something today, it said "learn not to buy."
boy that is hard. to know you want something and not buy it?
maybe think how many bolides could i buy if i went without...(fill in the blank).

I...

1. AM THE COUPON QUEEN!!!! Yup, I have saved over $1k so far this year with my Super Stop & Shop card!!! Plus all those sunday news papers have a bunch of cupons in there
2. Shop at sales
3. Shop Ebay
4. Sell what I don't use
5. Save ALL my receipts and use them as tax deductions
6. Eat breakfast at home to save on those super expensive prices at DD/Starbucks
7. Bring lunch to work (ie.. sandwich/salad/vegetables in zoplock/crackers)
8. I'm a California Kitchen/Chili's Fan!!!!
9. Get gas while in NJ to save on these nasty NY prices
10. Do my own dry cleaning
11. Eat at home 98% of the time.

I can keep going!