SAs?? What's their salary?

The SA that I use to talk with had three Kellys.

(agree with Noriko) I am sure it is a pooled commission...you can tell by how they all work as a unit.

Femina...you made me think of the story I read about a long while back. There was a girl that worked on Worth Ave. in Palm Beach at Tiffanys. She always sold to this one man. He was a bit older then her...they ended up getting together and married. He was mega rich...I forget from what family, but it was the the Post cereal family or something of that level. She left Tiffanys of course to teh lifestyle of the rich and famous.

Kellybag said:
The SA that I use to talk with had three Kellys.

(agree with Noriko) I am sure it is a pooled commission...you can tell by how they all work as a unit.

Femina...you made me think of the story I read about a long while back. There was a girl that worked on Worth Ave. in Palm Beach at Tiffanys. She always sold to this one man. He was a bit older then her...they ended up getting together and married. He was mega rich...I forget from what family, but it was the the Post cereal family or something of that level. She left Tiffanys of course to teh lifestyle of the rich and famous.
Now, she must be enjoying her life right now as a socialite. I bet her friends are all jealous of her. But there's something makes me a bit skeptical here. She always sold to that man but that man buy tiffany jewellery for who? If it's men's collection, then nothing interesting but if it's a lady collection......hmm...he must have had many girlfriends. I hope that girl is enjoying her lifestyle now. And the man is faithful to her.

birkinbaby said:
Are they on commission?
I'm not sure if this is the same for all Hermes stores worldwide...but for my local store, the SAs get different % commission for different categories of products. More on RTW, watches etc. Much less on bags & leather items.

My SA told me that staff do not get discounts for bags at all. Also, the quantity for Hermes bags is very limited so priority is always given to customers.

Can someone confirm the commissions are pooled?

I think the SAs are pretty sick of me at Hermes, so I need to back off a bit and only go once a week instead of every single day. But I like instant gratification, so I am on the hunt for another birkin. When I asked to see a birkin the other day, I took up this one SA's time and decided not to buy the bag, and another SA asked if she could show it to another customer and I'm sure the SA who was helping me was probably thinking if she wasn't helping me, she could have been showing the bag to one who would buy! If the commissions are pooled, then I would feel better because I didn't cause anyone to lose out on a huge commission. It's a big decision to spend close to $8k, you know, and we need to see the bag up close to decide! I'm always very polite when I go there and only go in for a few minutes to look around though.

gigi leung said:
I'm not sure if this is the same for all Hermes stores worldwide...but for my local store, the SAs get different % commission for different categories of products. More on RTW, watches etc. Much less on bags & leather items.

My SA told me that staff do not get discounts for bags at all. Also, the quantity for Hermes bags is very limited so priority is always given to customers.

Ok, thanks Gigi. I am so desperate for a 35 birkin in black that I was thinking of applying to be a SA but now that you clarified that, I see it is pointless. NOt that I have the time to work there anyway:biggrin:

gigi leung said:

My SA told me that staff do not get discounts for bags at all. Also, the quantity for Hermes bags is very limited so priority is always given to customers.[/QUOTE]

I've been told this as well, that SUCKS!

hmm.. my friend use to work for GUCCI in san francisco, she DID get paid hourly and did get anywhere from 4% to 8% commission, and THEY DO get discount on purses, I think it was 20% off or something. I think the employees were limited to purchasing 6 bags a year? or some number like that. Well, this was like 3 years ago, Im not sure if its the same anymore.

One thing for sure, SAs are paid based on their basic salary together with commissions. Whatever it is, the good thing about being a SA is that you are surrounded by beautiful things every single day. Drooling alone is more than enough!!!

Birkinbaby, I don't think you should ever feel bad taking any SA's time. You should also not worry about going in too frequent. You have so much competition for those bags where you are. You have to be persisitent and I do feel it works to your advantage. They already know you are serious and you do buy. You are also correct that you spend a great deal on a bag and you need to really look it over and feel great about the purchase. They don't rush you when you buy diamonds or a car.
There has to be some sort of pooled commission or there would be too much static between the SA's. Maybe the one who sells it gets a higher structure/piece of the commission, but the rest is split equally. I will have to ask my girlfriend how it worked years ago. You can tell in boutiques when commissions aren't pooled because they really hussle customers and you can almost feel the tension amongst the SA's. It is not like that at my Hermes. It is really a comfortable and peaceful place to be.

crochetbella said:
It would be so hard to work there and not want to buy everything! When I worked at Coach we didn't get commission but they had great employee discounts, so great that I spend nearly all the money I made!:biggrin:
This is what most of my friends who have worked in a store they liked tell me. The $ they earn goes back to the store cause of the discounts that they can't seem to pass up on cause it's a good deal.

crochetbella said:
It would be so hard to work there and not want to buy everything! When I worked at Coach we didn't get commission but they had great employee discounts, so great that I spend nearly all the money I made!:biggrin:
Oh my God!!! You work at coach previously?? Tell us how is it like working at the coach boutique. Is it fun?? Any snobbish customers or irritating customers?? When do the stocks arrive?? And how do you choose which bag displayed at the shelf?? How's the salary is like? What's the commission is like?? Is your uniform specially tailored by coach?? Do you still keep them??
Looking forward to hear your experience!!!:amuse: :amuse: :amuse: