SA's apparently pissing everyone off!!!!

1. OK, so after listening to all of your bad experiences I did some research and came up with this very interesting article...

http://www.customerthink.com/blog/louis_vuitton_effective_experience

I havent bought anything in an lv store, but I have been into one two times, the first time I was treated well, and the second time badly...so I dont know how consistent this is, hopefully when I go down to boston in August I won't have a bad experience...I'll just dress really nice lol. Anyways I thought you guys might like to read this.

PS. It appears b**** sales people who get paid $14 an hour and act like the next anna wintour is a universal pandemic.....LOL:roflmfao:

2. "I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that the experience for ordinary customers in LVL shops is poor. It is probably part and parcel of LVL's implicit sales strategy; to discourage ordinary customers from entering the shop and mingling with their target customers (rich people who can really afford stylish exclusivity). Note that the experience for target customers in LVL shops is much better."

im so happy i have never had a problem shopping at the LV flagship store in n.y.

3. I think it varies alot store to store. For example SCP is notoriously bad, I think Valley Fair is one of the best...I always enjoyed shopping there even before I was a regular.

4. thanks for the interesting article......now it makes sense to me !!!!

5. I Have Had Good And Bad Exp. All Over The U.s. So Now I Manely Just Order Over The Phone Cause I Dread Going In Lv, Cause Of The Treatment I Get.

6. The first time my husband and I walked into the LV dept at Saks, we were so ignored. When my husband took me to purchase my first LV years later, I was a bit nervous. Our experience was very different. The SA was nice and she showed me several bags and even went in back to find one not on display. Which ended up being the one I bought. We have gone into the same LV and felt frustration from an SA when I couldn't decide, then felt great with the assistant mangager. The SA at Saks, Neimen Marcus, and LV in the Galleria are great. One male SA at Saks even spoke Spanish which made my MIl so happy.

:nogood:

7. Very interesting, thank you

8. that was a really interesting article. i think hawaii could be the exception though since everyone dresses casually. i try to look nice though lol.

9. Thanks for the article! This was a topic I was considering for my honours thesis. The thing is, with their "implicit sales strategy", they are effectively assuming that those who purchase LV dress to reflect their affluence. Bad assumption, in my opinion!

10. I had a different experience when it comes to dressing up and shopping. But then it was also two different stores, so who knows.

I went to the LV in Chicago and was pretty much ignored for about 10 minutes. I was very dressed up and had my azur speedy with me since we were going to dinner after shopping. DH was ready to leave when a nice young man finally came over.

Last week I went to the LV in Orlando while on vacation. I looked like a slob. I had on shorts and a tank and a no name purse because we were going to Disney World later. I probably had the best experience of my life there. I was literally treated like a queen.

11. OMG! Thanks for the article. Ater reading this i feel less scared to go in a Lv store. I can just repeat to myself that its just an act if there mean to me and not take it to heart.

12. the 1st time my boyfriend and i went to a LV boutique near us we literally were at the mall for one thing and we decided to stop into LV...i was wearing jeans and flip flops and a tank top and he had on shorts with paint on them and a tshirt and no body talked to us or asked us if we needed help...so we walked out.

when we went back to get my speedy i made sure we got more dressed up...and we got great customer service.

the past couple times i have been in there purchasing something i normally wait to talk to this one SA or if the person is being rude i walk away and wait for someone else.

its just asham that they feel like they have the rght or what ever it is they feel to be rude to customers.

13. Yep. I hate to say this, but I'm almost scared to go to a boutique these days. :crybaby:

Once I walked by a shop in one of the Chicago malls. I was dressed half way decently, carrying a CB Pap. I swear the SAs were sneering at me. Then when I went in later, I felt like they were all "sizing up" the authenticity of my bag, instead of assisting me with a new purchase.
    That was last trip to a store.

Several times I have called a shop to see if something was in stock, and I was treated nicely. But then even though I wanted the bag NOW, I still ordered from elux and waited for the bag to arrive, simply because I didn't want the hassle of dealing with the SAs.

I'm a bit of an impulse buyer, so they've probably lost a few sales from me... but that's nothing to them.

14. my question is....and maybe this is a stupid question...but i dont understand why LV has help thats rude. They have to know they are rude im sure there are plenty of people who let the manager know...so whty does LV keep hiring rude SA??

15. Pardon my double posting :smile:

From reading the article and then a bit of thinking, I'm getting the notion that the SAs aren't just ignoring "ordinary" looking shoppers because they don't think they will get a sale. It's as if they could also be doing 2 things:

1) Discouraging ordinary people from coming to the shops, because they don't want them seen in the store or carrying their bags

2) Teaching people the lesson that they had better dress like they are uber rich if they want any service... in order to keep anyone dressed in an ordinary fashion from sullying up their boutique, whether or not they actually are very wealthy

Anyone else get this from the article?
    I could be stating the obvious, too.