SAN FRANCISCO MEET!! (feb. 23)

:yahoo:I can't wait for the meet! :yahoo: Nordie's Cafe has pretty decent food. We can also go out of the shopping center to Anjou, a French bistro place hidden in an alley. They do great prie fixe lunches as well.

we've got a pretty good bunch, sooo now i guess we need to decide where to eat and how many of us are going to be there so i can make reservations?? i was thinking of also maybe going to The Melting Pot because it'f a fun way to get to know each other while we eat.

if we go to the MP, it takes about 2-3 hours (depending how big the party is) to eat. and they are only open for dinner. should we still shop?? shopping isnt really near by. or is dinner enough??

I don't know but HitchchockBlonde, if you own the shoes in your avator, I think I'm going to demand that you wear them that day!!! :biggrin:

LOL...I don't own those...YET! But I have a similar pair from an earlier season. I am glad you like them too :heart:

I am looking forward to meeting you girls and I think The Melting Pot is a great idea! You don't mean the one in Larkspur though do you? That one would be hard for me to get to.

Ooh, the melting pot? I love that restaurant for dessert! But where is it? I'm not from around the Bay Area (just here for school :biggrin:) so someone will have to point me towards the general direction! This is exciting!

PS. HitchcockBlonde, yet?! :graucho: They look like the legendary Manolo Blahnik Patent Leather Mary Janes from the SATC episode! You have great taste in shoes.

Thanks! They are the Manolo Mary Janes. I love them! :smile:

So are we still on for the meetup? Where? I vote for somewhere near Union Square, just bc it is easy for people to get to and it would also be fun to shop as a group maybe :smile:

well the only other melting pot thats not at larkspur is the one in san mateo. thats not in SF but outside of it which could be a negative for some. depends on where the majority of the people who are coming are from. less traffic is a plus, the cal-trains is near it also.

is there any way for people who are wanting to come to PM me (or something) where they are coming from and where'd they'd like to meet. and if they need carpull or other driving arrangements. that way i can write everything down and figure it out. TIA!

It would also be hard for me to get to Larkpur or San Mateo. I probably would not be able to go. I think the Melting Pot sounds fun, but I bet if we did it in SF near public transportation, we would get a bigger group bc it would be easier for people to get to. But I guess the best thing is to find out where people are coming from. I will pm you too. Keep me posted! Thanks for organizing, this sounds really fun!

Mmm, I love the Melting Pot, but my vote is still for something in Union Square because it is so central and people who can't stay all day can pop by just for food and/or shopping. :smile:

I've never been to Anjou, but it looks good. Nordie's might be easiest bc it's so easy to find and can easily accommodate large groups. JMHO.