Travel San Diego

ladystara

O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
Hi Ladies!

I will be in San Diego this month and am planning on going to the Zoo and the beach. Do you have any suggesitons on places to go, places to eat Asian food (maybe a nice sushi resteraunt), and places to go for outlet shopping? I'm so excited! Thank you!

The outlet in Carlsbad is ok,go to the gaslamp area lots of nice restaurants,shopping and clubs.
You must go Fashion Valley Mall for high end shopping.
I am only stationed here (navy base) so hopefully a native could give you better choices.Have fun!:tup:

I'm from San Diego. Mission hills, Hillcrest, Mission Valley, Gaslamp district all have great places to eat. Pacific Beach has cute little shops, bars, and restaurants and it's right next to the beach. Coronado is beautiful. There's also La Jolla. They have very nice restaurants and boutiques.

Oh, and try citysearch.com. It's a San Diego site full of things to do, restaurants, etc.

I hope you have a great time here.

I'm in SD! I've lived here all my life lol.
I love Fashion Valley for shopping (UTC is cute but there are a lot of baby stores there), there aren't a lot of great outlets at all, as nycgr1 said, the Carlsbad outlet is just ok. It's nothing to speak of and since it's a "premium" outlet, the prices aren't much cheaper than retail.
Del Mar and La Jolla are gorgeous, downtown La Jolla (around Girard St.) has some interesting little stores of all types.

I go to UCSD and if you're going to the zoo you should explore Balboa Park too, especially if you like going to museums. :smile:

For sushi, I've only been to two all-you-can eat sushi places which weren't bad (in my opinion anyway). They're both by La Jolla Cove (which has a tiny seal beach if you'd like to look at smelly seals ;).

Tadashi Sushi - this place is tiiiny but hey, can't beat the price.
http://www.tadashisushi.signonsandiego.com/menu.html

Aloha Sushi - I think this place is just too cute because the restaurant is actually this little house and you can sit out on the patio. They have all-you-can-eat on Wednesday nights. I think the sushi here is better than Tadashi's.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/aloha-sushi-la-jolla

And for other asian food, there's a bunch on Convoy Street. I like to eat spicy stone bowl tofu and there's Convoy Tofu House and Tofu House on that street if you're in the mood for some Korean food. :smile:

But my knowledge of San Diego food is pretty limited compared to natives but those are places I've enjoyed so far! :smile:

:smile: I need to find some flats this weekend! Thank you for the suggestions! I'll be sure to check out your thread about San Diego from August. I think I'm staying about 5 miles from the San Diego Zoo.