Same story.. different seller :(

IF this doesn't turn out OK, please do post the same of the seller and all that information so others can stay clear. (shades of the Romie-Omie situation) I hope she comes through. Sometimes shippers do have actual shipping delays...but it surely makes you nervous, esp coming from overseas.
I'm so nervous about my "big purse purchase" on ebay. I bought my dream bag (a chloe paddington in anthracite) from a very nice seller on ebay.
Before the sale, we emailed back and forth constantly. She kept sending me pics, etc. I used the authentication on the Chloe shopping forum and once it was determined that the bag was okay, I went for it. The seller even offered me free shipping since we'd been emailing so much and she "knew how much I loved and wanted the bag".
I paid for this bag on Feb 7.
I emailed her on Monday Feb 11th, and asked if it was shipped yet. She said it was going out that day and she'd email me a tracking # that night.
I haven't received a tracking # yet. I've emailed her 3x (really quite nicely) asking for the tracking number and got 0 responses. The seller was definitely online as she went on ebay and gave me positive feedback already :confused1:
I emailed the seller this AM telling I needed to get the tracking # in the next 24 hours.
If I don't get it I will file w/paypal.

What is up with these sellers? I'm sick to my stomach that I might've been scammed by this seller who seemed so nice, patient, and responsive before she got my money :tdown:

OH MY!!!
This is HUGE, at least for me it would be!
I can totally relate with your fear of being ripped off, but please know most people are honest, and I hope this is the majority of the honest people you are dealing with.
Let us know please what happens.

OMG! Any updates? This is why I hate buying bags on ebay. It seems like lately there has been alot of scams on ebay. I have been reading the scam with bbags from a sofa king banned TPF member. I think she scammed alot of people. I hope it works out for you!

same happened to me once, no tracking number, no reposnse, than I even opened a paypal dispute. Then, when I lost all hope, the bag arrived safe and nicely, in horrible packaging (cake box!!!) but flawless..I was almost crying and was so relived that she was just cheating on me with the high postage costs..I left her a nice feedback and did not bother about the postage. Hope your case ends similarly

OMG lawbabe you were right (I think)!!!

I still haven't heard back from the seller..
BUT I got a notice from UPS that a package was attempted for delivery (COD $79 - prob the customs duty?). I'm picking it up tonight. She was supposed to be shipping fedex so I didn't expect UPS. I looked it up on the website and it originated in Singapore which is close to Indonesia, so hopefully everything's on the up and up and it's my bag!
I don't know why she has stopped contacting me .. but I *think* it's all going to be okay!!!
Thanks to everyone for your care/concern/advice!
I'm feeling relieved. I just couldn't think that the seller who had been so nice was scamming me

I received the bag!!!! I owed $79 to a "brokerage" -- is that for customs duty?

The bag is lovely !! I still want to take my own pics and authenticate it once more but it looks great!!!

Congrats! Glad it all worked.....she could have easily eased your mind with a simple email. I think the "brokerage fee" is actually something UPS charges for shipping over seas.....I could be wrong though.