same bag, different size

maggiemoo

Jul 24, 2007
I am thinking this may be crazy but would anyone buy the same bag (hardware, color, leather) but in a different size? I love the combo of my birkin (gold, palladium, togo) but HATE the size 35. I want the same bag in 30 cm. Am I crazy?????

No. A 30 is quite different from a 35 and is more of a handbag and the other more of a tote. Might you consider doint the same leather and hardware in a Kelly?

I hope my story makes you feel better..I bought crocodile birkins in exactly the same color in different sizes:sweatdrop:. But mines have different HW though..30cm with PH and 35cm with GH:upsidedown:..but still...you know what I mean...???

I have a kelly and just ordered another so probably not. I like the casual style of the birkin and on the weekends when I am running around the city, I like being able to get into my bag easily. You can't really do that with the kelly. I just unfortunately bought too big of a birkin for my size, height and lifestyle. I would prefer more of a handbag. I think that is why I am drawn to the 30 cm. When I bought the 35, I had never seen a 30 before and did not realize the drastic difference. Hermes really should have sample bags showing the different sizes!!!

No worries, maggiemoo- I have birkins in the same color but different sizes - in black and rouge h. I also have gold in a birkin and kelly - different sizes. All part of collecting! ;)

Hi,
You could do a 30 with gold hardware?
I think gold with gold could look nice.
I also think it is fine to have two different size Birkins,and if you like the PHW then repeat it.

I am thinking this may be crazy but would anyone buy the same bag (hardware, color, leather) but in a different size? I love the combo of my birkin (gold, palladium, togo) but HATE the size 35. I want the same bag in 30 cm. Am I crazy?????

If you hate the 35 size, would you consider selling your 35 and buying the 30? Then you wouldn't have a repeat and would have a bag you love!

Well, I LOVE my graphite Kelly but initially bought it in a 32cm....finally realized that a 32cm is NOT for me so I sold it and bought the exact same bag in a 28cm!

Now I'm a Happy Hermes Camper.......so, I say get the size you really feel comfortable with and sell the one you don't!

I think I'd sell the 35...although I can't give you any help as to how to do it. If you love the color, just the bag is too big... If a size isn't right for me, I never wear it. Maybe you could trade...don't some of the seller's on ebay do trades?

Thanks for all of your responses. I was thinking of doing a trade but when I contacted one of the reputable resellers, they wanted my bag plus $5000. I thought they were nuts! So now I am thinking of ordering the size 30 and once I know the order is in, selling the 35. Only problem is, I need to sell to buy so I am scared to order without the funds on hand! I guess its a risk I have to take!

Thanks everyone!