Samantha (Vega/Thavasa) bags, What do you think?

Where can i buy Samantha thavasa handbags in the US?? i live in california and i really want a Samantha thavasa handbag! i checked on ebay, but there are none that i like. I was looking through a Japanese fashion magazine called ViVi and found a really cute handbag, but cant seem to find it anywhere online! HElp!!

Is this the same Samantha Thavasa that uses nicky and Paris Hilton as designers or am I thinking of something else?

Yes and Posh Spice too

Where can i buy Samantha thavasa handbags in the US?? i live in california and i really want a Samantha thavasa handbag! i checked on ebay, but there are none that i like. I was looking through a Japanese fashion magazine called ViVi and found a really cute handbag, but cant seem to find it anywhere online! HElp!!

I know that they have a ST store in NYC - I believe on Madison Avenue (if it is still there). I know certain stores in Las Vegas sells them, my friend said she saw them there - but I am not sure what stores they are.

I love ST bags!

I first found out about ST bags when I went to Hong Kong a few years back. And then I went to Japan 2 years ago and I was so excited to see ST bags everywhere - whether they are in stores or on girl's hands. I bought a Samantha Vega bag in Tokyo - but now I regret it because I should have paid a bit more for a bigger bag...

SV bags are generally cheaper I think it is they economical line..

I have 2 ST bags, a SV bag and a ST wallet

They are made well - but I don't think they are expected to last, they are more meant to be changed every season for style - my problem with them is that you can't get a decent leather one unless you expect to pay $500+ (converted into USD) - but I used my wallet for a year and everything is still intact and still looks new so I thought it was great!

Here are my ST stuff :shame: (I can't find my other one but I will show you what I have)

2231832897_7f663facb1.jpg

2232622806_5774392856.jpg

2231832741_05dbd8a9ec.jpg

Gosh I wish I am in Japan NOW! sigh!

Domyoji (I love him in the drama... Matsujun is too funny.),

I really like Samantha Thavasa/Vega bags. They're quite popular over there in Japan and it seems like they're always expanding their brand and their styles. I know recently, (as a lot of people on this thread pointed out), they have a lot of celebrities design their bags, it's interesting to see how they never have Japanese celebrities design for them.

Like for example, they've had Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, Penelope Cruz, Tinsley Mortimer, etc. design for them, the celeb. designers have never been Japanese. I guess it just adds to the Japanese fascination with foreign American celebrities.

One of my favorite designs from ST was the ever-so-popular canvas bag with the wooden handles. It's from a while back, but whenever I would visit it was all over the popular magazines (JJ, MORE, etc.):

*For some reason it doesn't show the picture*

http://samantha.io/image/IMG_86511.jpg

Even though I'm much more into European designers, I can see why Samantha Thavasa is such a hit to "consaba" (conservative) looked women and women with a wide range of styles.

Last edited: