Salsa anyone?

1. I wish I were talking about the dance, but I'm actually talking about the food or more specifically the condiment. I eat about 3-4 tbsp with some stone ground yellow corn chips for lunch. Does anyone see any possible negatives to this? I usually eat it 3-4x per week. The only thing I can think of is the sodium factor.

Thank you! :idea:

2. The Salsa should be fine. Just read the label on the back to see how much sodium is in it. But the chips on the other hand might have a lot. Look for low sodium ones. I know they're out there:yes:

3. Yeah, i definitely prefer the no-salt chips since the salse is rather salty. I'm thinking it the vinegar.

Thank you for your input!

4. Salsa is great for you... just get some plain corn chips and you are set!

I always have the problem of eating the whole container of salsa and bag of chips... whoops :shame:

5. ^Ha! I totally have that problem as well. That's why I have to moderate myself by putting it into a container or bowl. So yum!

6. Salsa and/or chimol are the dieter's best friend!

Just put a smallish portion of almost anything and smother it in salsa. It can even make vegetables edible.

If you're worried about sodium, just make some chimol. Chop up onions, tomatoes, the chiles of your choice, put in the amount of salt and pepper you want, mix it all up with a little lime juice, and poof!

It is very flexible, you can add just about anything you like, peaches, shredded dreaded carrots, whatever vegetable you have on hand, sprinkle it with chopped cilantro, pine nuts, sesame seeds, it is your chimol and you make it like you want it, then put it on everything you eat.

7. When my dad comes home from work, as an hors d' oeuvre, he has saltines with salsa (and a small glass of sherry).

8. i loooooooove salsa and love to eat it often too! i usually make my own because i find its tastier than store bought. I use:
    4-5 diced tomatoes large
    a large bunch of cilantro minced (love the stuff!)
    1/2 green pepper minced
    1/2 red onion minced
    1 mango chopped finely
    lime juice
    dash of salt
    and minced banana peppers from a jar to taste

9. I absolutely love salsa, and it's very good for you. In fact, if it's spicy that's even better because spicy foods speed your metabolism. The sodium is probably not a factor since you don't eat a whole lot of it.