1. I decided to start eating healthier. Well last night I went to a local restaurant and ordered a salad that I really enjoyed. Mesclun, avocado, tomatoes, and hearts of palm with a light vinagrette.:drool: Another salad I like is endive with bleu cheese, pears and walnuts. These are just a few of my favorites. I would like to hear what other members like and try them out myself.:yes:
  2. i think those salads sound yummy as to be.

but idk if with the chese and some of the extras if they are really in fact healthier
  3. I like mixed spring greens with strawberries, goat cheese, and dried cherries topped with a red wine vinegarette. =)
  4. I am nutty for salads. DH and I bar-b-que chicken on Sunday evening and I make salads for 3 nights. I use tomatos, spinach, carrots, cabbage and a nice low cal dressing..YUM!!!
  5. i usually order tuna, tomatos, corn, boiled egg with honey dijon! sometimes i throw in avocados too.
  6. I just made a salad tonight to complement my dinner
    mixed greens - cherry tomatos - shaved carrots - goat cheese - croutons - roasted almonds - dried cranberries - poppy seed dressing.
    very yum!
  7. All those salads sound delicious!

I also like roasted pear, brie, and frisse.

I just found this receipe online of a different salad that sounds delicious:
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=recipe italic]3 Steeple Street, Providence[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5 heads baby frisse
    4 tablespoons sugar
    1 small bag pecan halves
    1/4 to 1/3 pound Point Reyes blue cheese (or any strong, smooth cheese such as Maytag blue or Gorgonzola)
    2 medium Asian apples (or pears, if you prefer)
    cherry dressing (recipe follows)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Soak the frisse in ice water, then let drain on a paper towel.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Preheat oven to 200°. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Place sugar in a small, heavy sauce-pan and whisk on medium heat until sugar caramelizes. As soon as it turns from tan to caramel-color, add the pecans and stir to coat. Place coated pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool. Chop cooled nuts roughly.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Crumble blue cheese and set aside.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Slice the apple or pear in very thin slices. Set aside.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Divide the frisse among 5 salad plates. Arrange equal amounts candied pecans, cheese and sliced apples or pears on frisse. Serve with cherry dressing. Serves 5.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Dressing[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]1/4 pound dried tart cherries*
    1/4 cup fresh chopped thyme
    1 large shallot, roughly chopped
    1 teaspoon honey
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Place all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for about a month.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  8. Yum, I love salads that have a little macaroni in them, a little cheese and salad leafs and corn.
  9. had salad today at the restaurant... gosh, salad r definitely healthier....
  10. My DH eats salad EVERY NIGHT for dinner...and here it is: lettuce, bacon, blue cheese, avocado, yellow peppers, tomato, sometimes chicken breast. It is really yummy!!!!
  11. Mmmmmmm.:drool: You folks are giving me great ideas for packing lunch this week.
  12. I only eat Salad and 2 small pieces of cheese everyday for lunch. so yummy!

It's very simple and quick to could use anything you like
    I use lettuce and tomatoe only

and then my salad dressing is Knorr Thyme something..
    not sure if that's the exact flavor in the picture but their dressing is So yummy! it isn't even heavy ^^
  13. I love eating
    Mixed greens
    grilled chicken
    and avocado
    with Sesame Ginger dressing. Its delicious.
    I also love this salad in Houston's its called something like the crazy jungle steak salad or something. Its delicious
    It had steak, avocado, mango, lettuce and mmore..
  14. I love Caesar salads! Especially the cheese on top!