Salads?

1. I decided to start eating healthier. Well last night I went to a local restaurant and ordered a salad that I really enjoyed. Mesclun, avocado, tomatoes, and hearts of palm with a light vinagrette.:drool: Another salad I like is endive with bleu cheese, pears and walnuts. These are just a few of my favorites. I would like to hear what other members like and try them out myself.:yes:

2. i think those salads sound yummy as to be.

but idk if with the chese and some of the extras if they are really in fact healthier

3. I like mixed spring greens with strawberries, goat cheese, and dried cherries topped with a red wine vinegarette. =)

4. I am nutty for salads. DH and I bar-b-que chicken on Sunday evening and I make salads for 3 nights. I use tomatos, spinach, carrots, cabbage and a nice low cal dressing..YUM!!!

5. i usually order tuna, tomatos, corn, boiled egg with honey dijon! sometimes i throw in avocados too.

6. I just made a salad tonight to complement my dinner
    mixed greens - cherry tomatos - shaved carrots - goat cheese - croutons - roasted almonds - dried cranberries - poppy seed dressing.
    very yum!

7. All those salads sound delicious!

I also like roasted pear, brie, and frisse.

I just found this receipe online of a different salad that sounds delicious:
    FRISSE SALAD WITH TART CHERRY DRESSING
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FRISSE SALAD WITH TART CHERRY DRESSING
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=recipe italic]3 Steeple Street, Providence[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]5 heads baby frisse
    4 tablespoons sugar
    1 small bag pecan halves
    1/4 to 1/3 pound Point Reyes blue cheese (or any strong, smooth cheese such as Maytag blue or Gorgonzola)
    2 medium Asian apples (or pears, if you prefer)
    cherry dressing (recipe follows)[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Soak the frisse in ice water, then let drain on a paper towel.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Preheat oven to 200°. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Place sugar in a small, heavy sauce-pan and whisk on medium heat until sugar caramelizes. As soon as it turns from tan to caramel-color, add the pecans and stir to coat. Place coated pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool. Chop cooled nuts roughly.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Crumble blue cheese and set aside.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Slice the apple or pear in very thin slices. Set aside.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Divide the frisse among 5 salad plates. Arrange equal amounts candied pecans, cheese and sliced apples or pears on frisse. Serve with cherry dressing. Serves 5.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Dressing[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]1/4 pound dried tart cherries*
    1/4 cup fresh chopped thyme
    1 large shallot, roughly chopped
    1 teaspoon honey
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Place all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. This dressing will keep in the refrigerator for about a month.[/SIZE][/FONT]

8. Yum, I love salads that have a little macaroni in them, a little cheese and salad leafs and corn.

9. had salad today at the restaurant... gosh, salad r definitely healthier....

10. My DH eats salad EVERY NIGHT for dinner...and here it is: lettuce, bacon, blue cheese, avocado, yellow peppers, tomato, sometimes chicken breast. It is really yummy!!!!

11. Mmmmmmm.:drool: You folks are giving me great ideas for packing lunch this week.

12. I only eat Salad and 2 small pieces of cheese everyday for lunch. so yummy!

It's very simple and quick to make..you could use anything you like
    I use lettuce and tomatoe only

and then my salad dressing is Knorr Thyme something..
    http://malincho.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ST162
    not sure if that's the exact flavor in the picture but their dressing is So yummy! it isn't even heavy ^^

13. I love eating
    Mixed greens
    tomatoes
    cucumbers
    grilled chicken
    and avocado
    with Sesame Ginger dressing. Its delicious.
    I also love this salad in Houston's its called something like the crazy jungle steak salad or something. Its delicious
    It had steak, avocado, mango, lettuce and mmore..

14. I love Caesar salads! Especially the cheese on top!