Jimmy Choo Saks sale

You know, I was surprised at the weight of the bag as well....the heaviest JC I've ever lifted! :biguns:

I think the 2 biggest things I wasn't crazy about was all the heavy gold hardware, especially the frame, and there is just soooo much leather going on with straps! The strap that goes across the bag to give it shape was definitely a bother as it was in the way of getting in and out of the bag. And then there's a snap, and the strap that goes over the top and lies on the front of the bag....OY.....just a LOT going on and not the easiest thing to get in and out of!

But you know what? I did think while I was looking at it that if the Alex style were for me, the black is probably even prettier than the navy blue. It would be a dressier bag and with all the gold hardware I think it would look better in black. :yes:

We all have different tastes when it comes to bags so I know there are a few Choo girls who LOVE the Alex and may not think the Ring, my new favorite style, is all that hot.

I AM glad I finally got to see the bag IRL though! :tup:

This could help you on the sales tax issue... (For anyone who is still considering purchasing Jimmy Choo bags from Saks)
If you call Saks customer service, ask them to do a store locate for you & they should be able to put you intouch with a store that has the bag in stock. Sometimes, if you purchase directly from the store, they can bypass the sales tax if the bag happens to be in a different state than yours and it's being shipped to you rather than you being physically there (thus, having the pay sales tax at their states rate).
This has actually worked for me in the past once when I purchased a pair of Choo pumps from the Chicago Michigan Ave store because I live in Ohio.
It's worth a try!

-From a former public accountant gone bad :smile:

^^ In the "quantity" box you just put in 100 and it then click "add to bag", it will tell you how many they actually have available since it's not likely they're going to have 100!

Sigh....I'm still looking at the bag myself, I think the one thing that will keep me from going for it is that I would get charged sales tax. So at 30% off plus tax it's just not that great of a deal to me. :sad:

The strap that goes across the bag to give it shape was definitely a bother as it was in the way of getting in and out of the bag.

That can be unfastened and placed inside the bag so it's out of the way.

You can also lengthen the handles so that it can be used as a shoulder bag, which was how I tried it on.

I dunno, I loved this bag. It has lots of pockets inside, plenty of room, and a nice shape. The frame pieces are only on the sides, so you can in fact still fold the bag in half if you want.